We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
vancouver
11 posts
Save Topic
Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Any info on repairs for damage from Hurricane Dean. Looking at booking for December, thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Was scouting out the resort last week, the hotel seems to be all recovered from the storm , but the pier is gone and there is still some minor beach damage.

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

I just booked a trip there for late Nov. I was assured by my travel agent that repairs where almost done with the exception of the pier.

The reviews are so mixed I am having difficulty getting a real feel for the resort. I'm not sure what to expect.

My husband and I are taking a trip to EDSS in Oct. and then turning around and taking our son and a friend to Grand Oasis in Nov. so we are hoping for the best in Nov. but not getting our expectations too high.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Oh ya, those travel agents would not lie. They get their info from the head office, which gets its info from the reps on site, that rely on more tourists comming to suppliment thier income.

Hiawatha, Kansas
Level Contributor
854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Our agent was actually vacationing in the same area 3 weeks ago, so she did have some first had knowledge. If it weren't for that I'm not sure I would have booked there.

vancouver, bc
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

My husband and I are going in about 1 month. What is minor beach damage? Is it very rocky? Any white sand left?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Lots of sand left, just somes rocks washed up on shore and just in the enterance into the water, but they are busy removing them everyday.

7. Re: Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 11, 2009