We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to Coba

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to Coba

My husband, 10 yr old daughter & I are vacationing at BPA in November. We'd like to visit Coba but don't want to do the full day tour with the repelling, etc. I also don't plan on renting a car, especially after the warning that was posted on another site. Has anyone taken a taxi to Coba or another tour that just goes to Coba? Any other ideas? Thanks for your input!

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to Coba

Hi

Came back from BPT a couple of weeks ago. We rented a car and drove to Coba, Akumal and Yal Ku lagoon. Driving is not as bad as others indicate. We paid $85 (with full insurance) for a day. A taxi to Coba and back would be about the same and they will wait for you and stop on the way if you find something you want to se.

Enjoy your trip, it will be wonderfull we can't wait to go back

2. Re: transportation to Coba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:55 am, June 01, 2005
stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to Coba

Thank you both for your responses. I know we won't rent a car. Most of what we plan on doing is very local, with the exception of Coba. I will try that website for tours to Coba. Thanks again!

Dorothy

Ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to Coba

The tour package we took was to Coba, however, instead of repelling we toured a Myan village, the lunch was included which was at a road side area restaurant and shopping market.

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to Coba

Jeananne,

Was your tour a full or half day? I'm a little concerned about eating from a road side stand. Any stomache problems afterward? Thanks for answering. I think the kind of tour you were on is more of what we're looking for.

Dorothy

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,417 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to Coba

Many good road side restaurants in Mexico. You can be sure the tour people arent going to take you to a place to make you sick. More likely to get sick from an AI buffet.