We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

up and running 100% very minor damage and the beach has more sand now!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

i would take that with a grian af salt.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

Or a grain of sand.

Just kidding!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

LOL, se that is why I love this board, humor, rather than tormoil, LOL

KY
Level Contributor
23 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

Sweet going on sept 16th so I am glad to hear everything is A ok

Thanks for the post

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
491 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

Returned on Friday Aug. 24th from G.S. We were scheduled to be back on Tuesday August 21. There didn’t seem to be major damage except that there was a lot of sand in the pools closest to the beach. The middle pool was fully open (with swim up bar) when we left on Friday. The evening shows were back in the main show area. The large buffet was fully operational serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. They had not yet reopened all the ala carte restaurants, but I feel that was more because there were so few of us there. For the same reason, they were only using the Riviera Maya side of the resort. We started in the 2800’s building on the Mayan Beach side when we arrived on Aug. 21, but we were moved to the Riviera Maya side in the 1600’s building the evening before the hurricane. I will write a full report when able. Unfortunately, we have been without power here in the Chicago suburbs since returning (back from a hurricane, into the storms). Power went on about an hour ago.

Enjoy the Grand Sirenis. You will have a wonderful time! I’ll bet within a few days, you won’t see any signs of Hurricane Dean.

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

thanks ali thats great to hear!!!!!!

cant wait!!!!

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

Ali123,

Thanks for posting!

I was worried about you and your family riding out the Hurricane, and now back in Chicago with all those storms! I heard the O Hare airport was actually closed one day due to this.

So glad to hear your vacation wasn't ruined by Dean; looking forward to hearing all the details and reading your review.

I'm glad you didn't have to get stuck sleeping in the Cancun airport Tuesday with all those other tourists trying to get flights out early, and that you were actually able to extend your vacation by 3 days.

Which trip operator did you travel with? Did they make you pay for the extra nights at the hotel? I hope not!

Starz

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
849 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

Thank you so much for all the info! We are heading to the Grand Serenis Oct. 21st. We already had one vacation postponed for 3 days in 2000 because of a hurricane and in 2005 our resort was so damaged we ended up reschedling to jamaica.

9. Re: just got an e-mail from grand sirienis!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 07, 2009