We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe in November

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Principe in November

HI...we are booked for November 6 - 13 and was wondering if anyone has been in November before and if so, how are the crowds?

Last year we went ito RM n September and it was great - very low occupancy. We like to travel off peak but bc my dd is starting kindergarten this year I felt a little guilty pulling her out for a full week so I am taking advantage of the Veterans Day holiday here in the states (11/12). I am hoping that not too many parents had the same idea!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe in November

We never found it crowded in November, but we did avoid the holiday when we went. We always avoid any holiday time, just for that reason. I have been at this resort many times and even when it is sold out, there is always lots of room for everyone. The resort is so vast, there is alway some quiet space somewhere.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe in November

I didn't realize that there's a holiday in the beginning of November, neither mine not my husband's workplace observe it, nor does my son's school! Well, we'll be right there beside you....

It's not bad in November until the week prior to Thanksgiving, that's when they start to get a little more crowded. Early Nov. is a great time to be in the Riveria Maya! Do you know what section of the Bahia you'll be in? (Our son starts kindergarten this year too!) We'll be at the Bahia Akumal 11/10-11/17.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe in November

Hey sandinmypants:

Veterns day is November 11th, Rememberance day here in Canada. Some places shut down for the day, others do not. But everyone observes a moment of silence at 11 o'clock in the morning.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe in November

Sandinmypants - we reserved the Coba thru AppleVacations so I assume that's what we will get. Do you think there is a chance for an upgrade to Akumal? I am debating sending them an email a couple weeks before we go to reserve block 26-27-28 but don't want to ruin any chance of an upgrade.

Either way, I figured we would be using the Akumal pool/beach so look for us. The pic I have i up s of my kids from last years vac at Iberostar. If you hear me yelling Marisa or Liam -- that's us!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe in November

If you specifically reserved Coba, that's where you'll be. We specifically reserved Akumal, we booked directly through the resort's website. We'll see you on the beach! We're usually down in the area between the two piers, my hubby will be the guy with the guitar, you can't miss us. Jamie will be the little guy with all the sand toys, we bring a suitcase full. There are other people that traditionally go in Nov. also that have kids around the same age, so hopefully they will be there then as well.

It doesn't sound like Veterans Day/Rememberance Day is a major holiday for anyone, I'm hoping it won't be too much busier because of that!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe in November

I don't think it will be any bussier than other times, anyway even if it is, you are at the beach relaxing. Got love that!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe in November

You'll be back by then skier, you'll probably be planning your next trip!

8. Re: Bahia Principe in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 07, 2009