We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gran bahia principe got back today!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
gran bahia principe got back today!!!

Just got back today 8-8-07 had the best holiday ever. We went with My Travel. Any questiond feel free to ask.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

Did you stay at the Akumul/Tulum or Coba. We're going early November and staying at the Coba....any tips that you'd like to share (besides the obvious)?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

Hi we were at the Coba stayed in room 30336 don't stay in that block (block 3B) room was large but was right near the generator so when there was a power cut the the noise from the generator would wake us up! Also this block it right on the edge of the Coba/Akumul.

Hotel in general was fab would go again given the chance.

When you arrive book the tour you go at 12.30(I think) to Akumul reception and they give you a tour of the whole complex explaining what facilitys are there for you to use.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

There has been so many room/block recommendations, I get so confused!! We're looking for a quiet area hopefully with a nice view. We realize this resort is a walk to the beach, but we plan on going to the beach every day. We'd like a room that is not the farthest from the beach, but what is more important to us is quiet/nice view and oh yeah......no sewer smell!! We are seasoned travelers and usually after the first full day, we find our way around...if not we just ask and we've found throughout our travels to Mexico and the Carribean, most resort workers are very helpful and friendly... We did go to this complex when it was just one resort (about 10 years ago) and it was huge back then..can't imagine it now!!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,260 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your holiday! Now you just have to decide when you'll be heading back...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

You can't get any better than a holiday at the Bahia. Glad you had a fab time.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

pepsi123 - Glad to hear you had a good time. Hopefully TA served you well on your hol!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

Have you published a review yet?

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

welcome home- awesome place, eh....... :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

how was the flight ie:inflight entertainment ,food.,legroom etc.we are also with mytravel from glasgow though i think it will be same plane .glad to hear you had good time

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gran bahia principe got back today!!!

Will leave a review when I can find the time!

Got loads of washing to do!!!!

TA was a great help we were very prepared booked resturants as soon as we arrived.

Our room looked on to trees so no veiw to speak of.

My Travel are ok. But not fab. Check in both ends was fine but the choice on the tv was not great. I'm 6 foot tall my legs were touching seat in front whole flight and when the seat in front was back I felt squashed!

We didn't pre book seats but had no problem getting seat's together.

My kids took Gameboys books + dvd player so glad they did. ( no childrens pack given to them. (had a pack on all other flights that we done)

Food was naff (but then I don't rate plane food ) there was no choice. Chicken going out beef coming back.

Drinks are expensive £1 for a small fruit juice. 80p for tiny 15cl can of drink or £1.50 for a bottle of water. They bring a snack trolley around which charge £1 for a twix/ Mars bar mini cheddars etc.

But then I think it is a buget airline.

When we go away next year I would use My Travel again but would book preimum class. Think they had more leg room + free drinks etc.