We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

To read reviews for ABR, I have to do a search for the hotel. Why isn't it listed with the other Akumal hotels? There are plenty of reviews on it.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

If you go to Cancun, or Yucatan penninsula, and click on hotels. Then click on "by hotel name" and the hotels will be listed alphabetically, and you can find it there.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

I'm also wondering. It's listed under Cancun hotels and I was wondering why. It's too bad as the reviews are very good and I think that people miss it.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

If you go right to the left of this page in the search box, and type in Akumal Beach Resort you'll get right to ABR's description and all the reviews.

That's how I find all the hotels I'm interested in tracking. I also use that search box to get to all the forums I want to read, etc.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

That's the way I found it-through search, but for someone who never heard of it, they won't get to see it since it's not listed under Akumal hotels. Since it does get great reviews, I think Tripadvisor should list it. It's probably just an oversight. The same thing happened with Fiesta Americana Grand Coral beach for a while.

Victoria, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Managemen-Why isn't the Akumal Beach Resort listed?

The TA Management has a "comments" page, and I recently sent them a recommendation to move ABR to the Akumal review page rather than the Cancun page. Hopefully they will.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico