We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Hello,

I think this is allocation on arrival at any of the 3 hotels - can anyone clarify this please?

Also, wondered if anyone can advise which one of the 3 is the best (couple in early 30's with no children).

Thankyou

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

you may want to preen thru some of the bahia posts already - you may find some handy-dandy tidbits of info........ i'm confused about the first part of your post tho......?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

It is my understanding that those of you from the UK through Airtours are allocated at any of the three - in other words, you do not get to choose.

I was hoping that someone with definite info would chime in???...

UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Yes - that's correct.

Travellers from the UK do not find out which of the 3 Bahia's they are staying in until check-in.

Never ind, thanks anyway!!!

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

okay - now it makes sense (sorry, it's hayfever season).... any chance you can email the resort for a clue as to where you'll be?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Hi,

We are off to Gran Bahia Principe on the 18th of June through First Choice. They are the same as Airtours in that you only know when you arrive what section you are in, HOWEVER, I emailed the resort direct two weeks ago and requested Coba section and they replied saying that this would be accomodated, so if you decide which section you would prefer I would suggest you drop them an email and they may well be able to accomodate your request. At least I now know which section will will be in.

From what I can make out Tulum section is more expensive for pople booking from Canada and the US but this may not have any bearing on the UK?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Also freom what I can make out cobra only has family suites?

So if you get in this hotel and only paid for a standard room you are saving around £500. I didn't book a suite as I thought it ws to much money for the little time you spend in it!!! But would be glad of the extra space if it is free. So I'm going to request the cobra too!

Kent
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Hi, we are travelling to the GBP in August have booked a junior suite through My Travel (Airtours).

In the airtours brochure it says that the Akumal has the junior suites, so we are presuming that we will be staying there - or, do the other hotels have junior suites as well?

While I'm here can someone give me the e-mail address for 'Ivan' at the Akumal, thanks very much.

I have enjoyed all the comments and advice given over the last few weeks and look forward to reading each new review as it comes in.

You Canadians seem very easily pleased - or are we British more fussy??!!

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Akumal has suite's + normal room's Cobra is just suite's.

So I think you might get either of these but most people traveling with My travel are getting the Cobra no matter what they have booked!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,299 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airtours (My Travel) trip to Bahia Principe Resort from UK

Coba - no "r".

Sorry, but it was driving me crazy!

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
149 reviews