We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quick words of wisdom - BPA

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto, canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
quick words of wisdom - BPA

arrived home April 21st

*i really have nothing to complain about other than the fact that i didn't pack appropriate clothing. i FROZE my butt off at night!!! i suggest bringing some long sleeved shirts and pants. when the sun goes down, mixed with the ocean breeze - it's cool!

*temp ON THE BEACH is about 10 degrees cooler than at pool level (during the day).

*had no issues with rooms - stayed in no. 69, top level. clean, considerate staff. tipped every other day and got exceptional service.

insight - to avoid weaving through endless paths - just walk through the activity pool area if going to main building at the front. it's WA-A-A-Y quicker.

*would recommend Arlequin restaurant for dinner. probably the best attempt at gourmet i experienced.

*la hacienda BBQ - they were charging $15USD/person when i was there ....

*secluded beach near construction (not towards BPT) - was guarded with 3 guys in combat uniforms with some pretty heavy artillery!!!! plus, there was also some guy there who insisted you pay him $1US to visit 'his' beach. it's it a gorgeous place, and you can swim for free by the rocks before you get to the sand.

off the top of my head, these are the only things that stand out. if i remember anything else, i'll post it.

oh, and if you want 'anything' - just ask a staff member ...

if anyone has any questions, fire away ...

Rose

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quick words of wisdom - BPA

Esm,

The secluded beach that you refer to, do you mean Chemyuil Bay ?

Also, am I understanding correctly that the new Tex-Mex restaurant by the snack bar is not included in the AI price?

We're returning for our second trip to BPA & it would help to know this. Thanks!

Dorothy

toronto, canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: quick words of wisdom - BPA

i'm not sure what bay/beach i/we found. you have to trek through alot of rocks and it's in the opposite direction of BP-Tulum .... this guy won't be charging 'admission' when BP finishes their next resort, b/c it'll be there's. i had a big problem with this - ESPECIALLY the guys from the military being there!

yes, the grill beside the snack bar closes at night and apparently is where the Golden members eat .....

Rose

another handy trick - if you're travelling with others, bring walkie talkies! they would've worked well.

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quick words of wisdom - BPA

Rose,

Sorry to hear about that beach. When we were at BPA last year we spent a half day snorkeling & swimming there, just my husband, daughter & I. It felt like we were on a deserted island! We planned on visiting that beach again but this time with a picnic lunch.

I'm disappointed to hear that the Tex-Mex restaurant isn't for everybody. I heard it had great BBQ.

I'm glad you had a good time. We love that resort & usually try to find some place different each year but just fell in love with BPA.

Dorothy