We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DVD player in rooms ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
keswick, ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
DVD player in rooms ?

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone who has visited this hotel remembers seeing a DVD player in the room. I know, I know...we don't go on vacation to spend time in the room watching movies but...we have a restless 3 year old who will not sit still long enough to let us get dressed unless one of his favorite movies is on. If anyone can remember this particular detail, it would be very helpful to us.

keswick, ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

Ooops !....sorry....I forgot to mention that the hotel I am refering to is the Grand Sirenis.

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

We did not see a DVD player in the room. We were kind of disappointed that we couldn't hook our portable DVD players up to the Tv like we usually do. The TV's programming wouldn't allow it. Oh well, we just watched on our portables- not that we watched much TV!!

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

we met a couple with young daughter. they brought one of those portable dvd players with them, and the daughter was entertained beautifully - on the bus ride to the resort, late in the evening at dinner - i kinda wish they had that technology when my kids were young!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

We were able to hook up our portable DVD player to the TV...............my husband took a little while to figure it out ( I didn't even try!!) but he managed..................

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

Btodd,

Perhaps you could pass that info on- we certainly couldn't figure it out, and mu husband is VERY mechanically inclined!! We'll probably return to GS, so that would be helpful info :)

6. Re: DVD player in rooms ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 31, 2009