We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Mexico
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

Has anyone had a good experience with trying to get upgraded? Our only option was a super saver standard??? Don't know what that means but I wonder if you slip the front desk clerk a reasonable tip if you might get one closer to the beach, better view, etc...

Illinois
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

Thanks guys that is great info.

Illinois
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

ttt

New Mexico
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

What does ttt mean?

true true true

thanks thanks thank

???

home
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

I called the hotel the day before and requested an oceanfront room. call in the early afternoon to put your request in and than call back around 5pm to see if your request was granted. in my case i told the front desk if they put me in an oceanfront room i would take care of them when i arrived. i gave him $25. for the upgraded room bldg. c002 bottom floor. walked right out to the beach. the room was very big. two old double beds joined together, a dresser and lots of closet space. the bathroom sink was seperate from the shower/tub. the tub is very slippery. this room did have a table and 2 chairs but no sofa which we would have used some rooms come with it and some dont. there are few new buildigs i think f. which is near the main pool. there is a sewer smelll near every building. they have to have disposal somewhere. you only smelled sewer when you first got to your bldg. not in your room. we did not stay late everynight to see the entertainment but we sure could hear it from our room. pool is seperated from the beach. so it was hard because i wanted to be at the beach and the kids wanted to be at the pool. so you really couldnt keep an eye on them you would have to take a little walk to check on them. also there is a pool in front of buildings abcd that state they are for condo rentals but according to management if you get an oceanfront room you are in a condo. the pool was not that clean . my son enjoyed it but my daughter did not dare go in it was very slimey and they were working on it non stop. the beach is the only good thing about this resort. see ta report

Illinois
Level Contributor
329 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

ttt mean to the top

same as bump but even easier.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

Oh, I see that makes sense...just wasn't wrapping my head around it.

Portland Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Upgrades at Oasis Akumal

WELL, just got back from staying at the Oasis Akumal, READ THIS, if your looking for a place to relax and forget about your troubles AVOID THIS PLACE, we have been to Mexico 9 times and this is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed at....

Now let me set the record straight, we dont stay in 5* hotels and dont expect that kind of service, we always stay in a place that has less then 200 rooms but all inclusive, mostly 3.5 to 4.0 * hotels.

First the beach at the Oasis Akumal rocks it's the best we've been on, and the bartenders & support staff are great, but that is where it ends. The food is ok, nothing to write home about. The problems with this hotel are all miss management from the very top down....

We were on are honeymoon and were placed in a beach front condo in building B 104, the view was good but this room had a problem with power, as in loosing it all the time, total of 15 times in the 7 days we were there. Some times only a few min. other times hours and the last 2 days it was off most of the time. Now I dont know about other people but it can really tick your wife off when she is trying to get ready to go out at night and the power goes out over and over.

We complained on the second day we were there and were told that the problem was the master breaker in the main box outside and they would fix it right away.... It was never fixed...

By the third day we were asking to be moved even if it wasn't a view room, we were told that the hotel was full and could not move then.... but soon.... That never happened....

By the fifth day we had enough and demanded to be moved, same story but this time I was told that if we didn't like it we could leave the hotel, thats when we knew that the hotel didn't care about taking care of the guests...

Other problems, the room we had did not have a safe and the back door lock was broken...never got fixed either... so the hotel offered a safe deposit box comp. but on check out they charged us 31.00usd for it and said that they dont comp trouble makers and to pay, check out and get out of the hotel.

Also we had several days where the maid service was not in to clean our room till 6 or 7 pm one day they never showed up at all.

The hotel provides bottled water most of which is warm.

Bottom line is there are many small problems and some big ones that just become frustrating after awhile, management is rude and there is no taking care of the guest here, take it or leave is the hotel policy.....

We read the other posts here and were going to change hotels but didn't... we should have, I would have gladly paid 1000.00 more to avoid this place in hindsight.

We did call Expedia and complained and told them we wern't paying for this hotel and wanted a refund... they will follow up on it, we also called our credit card co. and are having the hotel charges refunded because we did not get what we paid for. AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST......

PB