We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

akumal beach resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
akumal beach resort

I am planning on booking ABR in August. We are a family with 2 teens. I am doign AI rather than condo mostly with the expectation of kid entertainment. My kids are too old for kids club. Do teens find each other and have stuff to do, organized or not. thanks

1. Re: akumal beach resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:52 am, May 06, 2007
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: akumal beach resort

Kids will find kids. Big chess board at ABR, the pool program, volleyball, soccer, and then there is the best snorkeling bay in all of Mexico. My 20 & 23 yr old kids had fun at all of these

Make sure they bring there own snorkel equipment and have them (and you) learn some spanish if you don't know it already

Lots of other excursions. They will not be bored

As the other member said, try locogringo for feedback. They have a great web cam on the beach

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: akumal beach resort

The "Entertainment" staff go to great lengths to insure everyone of all age's have fun. I go in September and I always see the kids having a blast. Here are just some of the activities:

Aerobics

:: Volleyball

:: Table Tennis

:: Billiard

:: Golf *

:: 2 lighted Tennis Courts

:: Scuba Clinics in the Pool

:: Kayaking

:: Scuba Diving Trips *

:: Deep Sea Fishing *

:: Archery Center

:: and much more...

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: akumal beach resort

no offence, trip advisor, but locogringo has a slew of people that frequent the abr on a regular basis. by mentioning it here, i am not suggesting they bail on trip advisor. most people here already know about that 'other' forum - and to delete my post because i was offering sound, non-abusive advice is frustrating, at best.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: akumal beach resort

I've seen this happen before. Kind of silly, but there you have it. Anyone that reads this forum on a regular basis knows about loco gringo. Hopefully shellchatt will get back on and read about it before our posts get deleted! I don't understand why we can't suggest other places to find helpful information.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: akumal beach resort

You could always send a PM, or do they "patrol" that, too????

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: akumal beach resort

well, sundog's post should be removed as well - cuz he agreed with me :)

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: akumal beach resort

Yeah, they'll ban all of us. We're just a bunch of rebels! ;o)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: akumal beach resort

We were in Akumal 2 weeks ago and the ABR looks kind of nice...we perfer larger resorts, stayed at the Bahia, but it is something to consider for another trip, excellent walking beach...but not sure of the resort, I think personally, that if you are looking for a no frills kind of resort, it would be right up your alley...we are a little more spoiled at a larger resort, but have heard good things about it. The beach is pretty awesome. Spent a couple of days there (about 4 hours each time) and loved it.

phoenix
Level Contributor
631 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: akumal beach resort

If you know your post is going to get deleted by the adminstrators, then why keep doing it?

This is not a bad forum. It is filled with people who have knowledge of the Akumal/Tulum area and wish to share that knowledge. There is not a lot of bandwidth spent with non Akumal banter.

But this forum is not free. TripAdvisor makes money because of the reservations listed to the left within this forum. TA offers the forum "hoping" visitors will make a reservation through them.

Even if you did not mean to "offend", I'm sure the administrators have taken offense to posters suggesting that visitors go to another site.

Just my 2 cents worth.