We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayan Riviera excursions...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
BC
Level Contributor
69 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Mayan Riviera excursions...

Aleady did Chitzen Itza, Coba Adventure & dolphin swim...

Apart from Tulum, any recommendations on awesome excursions in the Mayan Riviera?

Staying at Grand Sirenis at end of May.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

when we go back, the "main" excursion we will do is to head over to cozumel..... likely rent a jeep and scoot around the island. sounds like way too much fun to not.......

Ontario
Level Contributor
798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

We loved Xel Ha, spent an awsome day. Payed the all inclusive(59 per person) went down lazy river, snorkled the rest of the day....jumped off 20ft cliff, saw awsome fish and tons of them......can't wait to go back.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

Hi Sunseekerluv,

Were going to be at the Grand Sirenis at the end of May too, leaving from Vancouver on the 26th!

I would also recommend going to Xel-Ha. The last time I went was about ten years ago, and I can still remember how amazing it was! If you like shopping, I've heard that a day trip into Playa Del Carmen is fun.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

I will chip in and vote for Xel-Ha. My wife and I love it. A must do for snorkeling anf water activities or just taking it easy.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
180 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

We have loved snorkeling the cenotes and caves. There is also a unimog jungle tour that is fun - also involves snorkeling and eating lunch at a village where the families cook for you.

Look here for ideas:

www.mayanrivierasouth.com/activities.html#8

Also here:

http://www.cancunextreme.com/ for the Alltournative offerings.

BC
Level Contributor
69 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

Thank you all for the suggestions. Sounds like Xel-Ha is a must do, as well as a day trip to Cozumel.

Looking forward to my vacation and thanks for the tips!

burlington, ontario...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

We did the F1 explorer trip. This is a new excursion so not too many people know about it, but I had such a great time I told the operators of the tour I would tell everyone about it one Tripadvisor.

Apparently the owner of the boats was the first to start the Catermans business but now theres so many Cat operator in Cancun he got out of it and started with these boats. There the Zodiac boats that the Canadian Coast Guard use. 500 HP of fun. You get totally soaked on them. Its like a very fast log flume ride. I'm not realy into speed or a thrill seeker especially on the water(I'm 45+ female), acually was sort of hesitate at first, but once I was out I had a blast.

On this tour you also snorkel at Akumal Bay to swim with the turtles, have lunch here also, swim near a Mayan ruin. Beer, pop and water included. Fresh water showers on the boat.

Check them out on CancunDiscounts website.

Twenty years ago I would'nt have been saying this but what I liked about this tour is that theres no time to get totally smashed and wasted and be hanging for the next 2 days .Unlike a Cat tour where its a much slower pace and do the silly(but fun) drinking games in the hot sun and be hanging for the next 2 days -as the saying goes been there done that.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

Try going south of Tulum

Very pristine

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

And there is some great catamarin tours (Robinson Crusoe) out of Akumal

10. Re: Mayan Riviera excursions...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 31, 2009