We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

A lot of us will be getting on planes in the next few days - here's to safe travels, I'll see you there! For all of you that get in on Sat., Sun., Mon., or Tues. - save me a lounger on the beach! And a margarita, on the rocks, no salt!

See you on Wednesday!

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Lucky you!!

I am envious, would love to slip back for another week (or three)!!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Go to Tulum lobby bar and ask for the drink that is three colors, it was VERY yummy. Mayan Riviera I think it was called, or something like that. Only at the Tulum bar tho!

Cheers,

Kathy

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

We leave Monday. You leave something like Wednesday, right? When does DDF go? Are they gone already?

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

:*(((((

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Hey Papabear-Hman, we'll be rolling in Wednesday afternoon. Did you sell the house yet, or are you going to be checking emails & phone messages during your vacation? We'll look for you, is it just you and your wife? Will you be hanging out on the beach or at the pools? Did you upgrade to Club Diamond? Walk down the beach to between the two piers & find us, or in the evening come hang out in the Bar Pakal & listen to the music, we'll be there.

Don't cry, kniggets. Wish you could be there! It was nice seeing that picture of you last night on the "other" website, now I can picture you at the Bahia even tho I can't actually see you there in person! You have a very nice-looking family, and you're pictures were great. I hope we have as great a time as you appeared to have had!

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

i hope so too, sandy......

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Sandy,

I think we may be safe on selling the house. We haven't gotten any offers on it yet, although I'll check with our agent today. If traffic is still light, I'm fairly certain that we won't hear anything. I'm giving my agent the GBP main number in case an offer comes in. If it does, it may mean a trip to PDC to call my sister (the other challenge is that we're joint owners....it's our mom's place) so that we can confer. But I think it'll be another week before we get enough activity to warrant an offer. The bad weather and soft market aren't helping.

So yes, I will be checking email occasionally I'm sure. We didn't upgrade to Club Diamond, and I haven't yet decided to pay extra for an ocean view. We'll handle that at the desk when we get there, and whatever happens, happens. I'm hoping my TA gear does the trick. I'm not 100% convinced that I want the CD for the $15 pp/pn, but the price may change at the front desk, or I may change my mind if they try to give me an out-of-the-way room. The same is true for the Oceanview upgrade. We'll see what the quote me at the desk, I suppose. Whatever happens, how bad can it be - I'm on vacation, baby!!!!!

It will be just me and my wife. You'll recognize us by her radioactive yellow 34 oz Bubba Keg, and my 52 oz hideous jade Bubba Keg! That, and my TA baseball cap. We'll probably spend more time by the pools than the beach, but my goal is to visit all the pools before we leave. I really plan on doing some fish-feeding from the pier, too - I'm sure we'll walk past you guys at some point!

Bon Voyage, Sandy. And DDF too. Sorry kniggets...we'd love to see you down there! Maybe a good review will remind you of the beautiful beach.

Here's to arrachera, chilaquiles, virgin daiquiries, and salsa/pico de gallo with every meal (yes, I eat it with my breakfast, just not on the cereal!). See you down there.....

Hasta......

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Have fun getting sand in yer pants - ha! Save some rum for me - two months to the day for me to go. Will enjoy seeing lots of pictures when you get back!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

These days I try not to get TOO much sand in my pants, emt, but sitting there making castles with Jamie I do get a little bit... I'll let you know how it goes!

Hman - maybe they'll put you in Villa 32 right on the beach by the Akumal side, then you can hang out on our side! The Akumal main pool is great, it's the quiet pool with a swim-up bar. We'll look for you.

The pico de gallo is great on eggs for breakfast, chips for lunch, and with rice & veggies for dinner. It's what I crave when I start missing the Bahia, theirs is SO good! With a fresh squeeze of lime.... I can't wait!

Niagara Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Hello Ladies & Gents

I copied this list from my other post since this thread is about packed bags!!!!

Vaccuum....check

pedicure....check

toothbrush.....check

bathing suit (6) haha.....check

sunscreen.....check

I think I am ready........unfortunately I have to go to work from 1-7 tonight.

I would say more like 1/2 a sleep....not that we are really going to get any sleep tonight!!!!!!!

See you all there.........BAHIA HERE WE COME..WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Akumal - All our bags are packed, we're ready to go!

Nope haven't left yet, 1 more sleep! Limo comes at 2:45 a.m. tomorrow morning and we are off to paradise...looking forward to it.

Safe flights everyone, well some of you are on our flight (hehehe).