We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ohio
5 posts
Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

Hi All! Just wondering if anyone has been to Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort since their remodel. I'm trying to find out if their beds are full/double or queen size. We'll be traveling as a family of four with my 12- and 14-year-olds, and we can make 2 queen beds work, but if they are double beds that would be uncomfortable for all of us. Do they offer any cots or roll-away beds? Or do any of the rooms have pull-out sofas?

Also, just wondering what brand of beer they serve at the resort's bars and restaurants.

Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

The beds were normal size. Like a queen from I can remember. They have dos xxx everywhere. And Heineken in the lobby bar!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

Have only had king beds, so am not sure about that.

As jdh134 mentioned, Dos XX and Heineken beer - some (most? all?) taps have Dos XX Amber as well. Learned this trip tip: While @ beach - if you go to the 'pop up' bar over by the dive shop by Building 1, the Dos XX are in cans not draught.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
46,729 posts
3. Re: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

Large Dos XX are in bottles as well

Ohio
5 posts
4. Re: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

Thanks for the info on the beers! Anyone here who has experience with the bed situation and know the sizes? I can email the resort too, but feel better when I get first hand accounts. :-) Thanks!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
301 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort

So I peeked around the corner at the unit next to ours (vacant, so only minor creepy).

Definitely not Queen beds - two doubles (or full size). That might just be in this area, though. You might want to check pictures from the review section, that might help.

Reply to: Beds & Beers - Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted