We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Good ole...
7 posts
Save Topic
Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Hi there--do I e-mail the hotel and request a room with two double beds and possibly the second or third floor? Is it possible to do that or do I take my chance upon arrival? (which I don't like to do) I booked with priceline so probably not such an ultra nice room or view as all the rest of you are talking about!! booo

also--any other recommendations for transport from/to airport? I saw cancunvalet--any others??

Thanks all!!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

They're going to be right outside the door of the airport holding up a sign that says "TraceyTravel". Just kidding, they'll be holding up a sign with your name on it. There will be quite a few guys there holding up signs with people's names on them, just look for your name. Don't stop inside the airport bldg. no matter what anyone says to you, once you've pushed the button for the red/green light, just keep walking straight ahead, don't make eye contact and if someone says "who are you with" or something, just say "no thanks" and keep walking out the exit. Piece of cake!

It's worth it, unless you get lucky and have a straight-thru transport, and everyone on your bus is on the ball and gets on quickly....

We consider it money well spent, but not everyone does, so if you don't mind riding the bus, some people like to chat up other people along the way, it's your call. CancunValet is great, I wish we were arriving the same day as you, we'd share!

Niagara Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Thank you Sandinmypants

You have put my mind at ease.....I am heading to work now but when I get home tonight I will definately book it.

Is it best to book by phone or by email?

Thanks again you are always sooo helpful! :)

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Definitely email. Fill in all the blanks, use Akumal for the resort location and put in Gran Bahia Principe Akumal for the resort. I think you'll be glad you did, but again, it's just a matter of personal preference, some people like the bus ride. I wouldn't mind the bus ride near as much if we didn't have Jamie, it's a long travel day as it is with him! (Are we there yet???) Even though he's such a good boy, it's still hard on him when he knows the Bahia is waiting at the end of the road! He loves it there.

We're taking a loop off of the "vacation chain" that we made every night before bed, it's getting shorter and shorter!

Niagara Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Well Sandinmypants....

I have taken the leap and booked Cancun Valet. I am still a little nervous...just of the unknown....

So once we land and go through customs do we just look for our name on a sign??

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Go all the way through the airport, after you've pushed the "red light/green light" button, there won't be anyone else you need to talk to. Even if they have on a uniform that looks "official", they'll be asking you who you're with, what group you're with etc., just say "No, thank you" and keep going out the doors, follow the crowd. Right outside the doors there will be a group of men in with signs with people's names on them....look for the sign with your name, and, voila, there's your ride! You will have already paid through the website, so there's nothing more to do but let him load up your luggage and take you to paradise!

Niagara Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Thank you again Sandinmypants....

It has been 4 years since we have been to the Cancun airport and things can change so much in that short period of time. Is there anything else that I need to know????

This cold weather sure does make the anticipation levels rise......get us on that plane!!! :)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

They charge you 48 hours prior to your departure...your name will be on the sign as Sandy has said, walk right through the time sharks and say firmly "No gracias" and keep walking until you see the sign with your name on it. Make sure you let the tour operator know here in Toronto and again e-mail the resort to say you are not going to be on the transfer bus that the tour company supplies you with.

Tracey, they have cancelled the later flight leaving on the 28th, so that means they will probably cancel the later flight leaving Toronto, or maybe??? I am keeping my fingers crossed they don't cancel the 6:20 out of Toronto on the 14th. I will keep you informed for sure. 10 more sleeps and we will be there, we will probably run into one another checking in, if I am looking at you a little strange, just say it's Tracey...or vise versa. We are a group of 10, can't miss us really.

So looking forward to our time at the Bahia! It will be like coming home.

Also don't forget to fill out your immigration card on the flight to get into Mexico, makes life easier at the airport when you land.

See you in 10 days!

Niagara Region...
Level Contributor
221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Thank you DDF

I must say that you & Sandi have been very helpful and sure do ease some of the anxieties felt when organizing travel plans.

I will have to print off these pages so I don't forget any of the important tips!

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning....no to impressed :(

Get me out of here!!! hahahaha

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

I agree - "Bahia, take me away!"

We had flurries yesterday, but none on the ground, and 25 degrees here this morning. Yuck. We'll have a good time, you can "buy" DDF & I a drink to pay us back for all our help!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Do I e-mail the hotel-GPA?

Hi Ladies, it's been snowing on and off here in Toronto, I hate it, but it is suppose to warm up next week, but cold this weekend. That's o.k. 9 more sleeps and we don't have to worry about the snow/sleet/cold anymore Tracey.