We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
West Olive, Michigan
Level Contributor
21 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

Hi!

If you have already vacationed at the Grand Sirenis resort in Akumal, can you please give me some insight into the two "hotels" of the five that are on this property?

My group currently holds reservations at the Mayan Beach, but up until a week or two ago, we *thought* we had reserved at the Riviera Maya. We have tried to find maps of the resort to figure out the distance between the two "hotels" and the restaurants, pools, beach etc. but we have been unable to really understand the layout from satellite pictures and jpegs of maps (hard to read).

If you have stayed at either, perhaps you can help us out with the differences between the two - and having been there, where would you recommend we request to be - is there a particular section or even building that you think is preferable?

Thank you!

Tia

Mentioned in this post
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa
Grand Sirenis Riviera...
15,485 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Mayan Beach
Mayan Beach
813 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

Hi,

The resorts are the same resort. I have been there twice, staying first on the Riviera Maya and then at the Mayan Beach. The Beach side was not quite ready when we were there.....our rooms were not finished and very dusty yet....That was in January, so I imagine they are more complete now.

Both sides are nice, but I prefered the Riviera Maya side....building with rooms in the1900's would be the best.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mayan Beach
Mayan Beach
813 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Waterloo Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

Totally agree with jharkert.... We were just there, stay in the Riveria Maya side. Building 1900 even # rooms get you ocean view--if you are on the 3rd floor that is. The lobbys are right next to each other. When we were there in Feb, we walked all over and I noticed that the Mayan Beach side was quieter than the Mayan RIveria, Some people on these boards have remarked that the pool bar and buffet on the Beach side is better. I don't really think it will matter what side you stay on as you can use the facilities of either side.

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Mayan Beach
Mayan Beach
813 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Mayan Palace at Vidanta Riviera Maya
Mayan Palace at Vidanta...
4,361 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
North Carolina
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

Hi Tiamaria,

We just returned from thr GS and after reading all of the reviews we tried to change our reservation from the Beach to the Riviera side of the resort. I eally am glad we didn't change. We haggled when we arrived and ended up with an semi ocean view in the 2700 building on the beach side of the resort. We loved it. The only true unobstructed ocean view is the 1900 on the Riviera side but truly there are many nice rooms and views.

The beach side is more quiet and we found the food to be the same at either buffet. It was a short walk from almost any building to the lobbys and restaurants so I wouldn't really worry where you are at. The whole complex is beautiful and I don't think I would care where they put us next time. If ocean view is your preference then you would want 3rd floor in blocks 2600 - 2900 on the beach side. If you get an odd numbered room in those same blocks you'll be poolside which is nice too.

Don't fret any of the bad reviews you've read. This is a great resort and as many has said, don't fret the small stuff. Unless your very picky you WILL have a great vacation.

4. Re: Grand Sirenis - Riviera Maya OR Mayan Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 18, 2009