We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

type of beds in room

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, England
5 posts
Save Topic
type of beds in room

We are due to stay at Bahia Principe at end of March, could be either the Akumal or Tulum side we wont know until we get there. There are 2 adults and 2 children (14 and 10) in the party. We thought from the brochure we would be getting 2 x double beds. We have been told by the tour operator it will probably be 1 x double a sofa bed and a pull out bed. Can any confirm if they have had rooms with this in and if so was the room cramped once the beds were out and also will we have to make up the beds and put them away every day? Would be grateful for any feedback.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: type of beds in room

You can e-mail the resort 2 weeks prior to arrival and request 2 double beds in your room. We have seen them in various rooms. Never stayed in one of those rooms as we always get a king size bed, but they do exist. Just tell them you don't know what side you will be assigned to (name your tour operator and give your reservation number). Tell them you are travelling with your 2 children and this is necessary. They are pretty good, they really do try to accommodate you.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,312 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: type of beds in room

We've had both a sofa bed (this is where they just make up the sofa in your room into a bed, you no longer have a sofa, the maids remake it into a bed every time they come into the room), and we've also had a small bed they've brought into the room when we had a standard room without a sofa. I would be really surprised if they can't accomodate your request for two doubles, though.

Email two weeks ahead, and then again about four days before you leave to remind them.

Plymouth, England
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: type of beds in room

Thanks for the info. I will definately e-mail as suggested.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
32 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: type of beds in room

DDF... what if you paid for a Jr. Suite in the Hacienda Club Section. We told our TA that would like to be on the 3rd floor, w/ ocean view. We are traveling with our 11 and 13 year old boys, who are as big as some grown men, and I would expect them to sleep in a bed and not on a cot. Do you really think that there is a possibility that they will have to sleep on a cot???? I paid an adult price for my oldest son, I would think the room would or should have 2 beds... Please help me understand this better if you can. If anybody else can clear this up for me please do so. Thanks.

5. Re: type of beds in room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, August 20, 2009