We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Holiday

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Salmon Arm, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Holiday

When booking our trip to Palladium Vallarta for Apr 17 -24 it never occurred to me I was booking right over the Easter Holiday! Looking through previous posts now on this topic, have I made a mistake and ruined the relaxation of the vacation we so desperately needed? We picked this hotel specifically for its remote location How crowded should we expect our area to be?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,095 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Holiday

I'm Not sure Palladium has the Bus Loads comeing to the resort.

Our Last time there, we Arrived just as the Holiday for Mexican Nationals was Ending...

They have 2 full weeks. Before and After Easter.. Very Very Buzy.

As we drove from airport, and looked toward the water, We could Not see any Beach for the bodies. NO kidding.. Plus any open land close to the water was jammed packed with Cars. On arrival, we didn't notice any difference in the amount of people.. Didn't get down to the Beach.

But understand , the folks set up Tents on beach too.

2 days later we went by bus to Bucieras,,, Everyone Gone.

Just go with the flow. Lots of people enjoy the crowds.

IMHO you did good picking the issolation of Palladium,rather than Nuevo or Pt.Vallarta.

good luck

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
873 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Holiday

I can´t speak to the crowdedness of the Palladium at Easter, but, I wouldn´t worry too much as you can easily get off the resort if it´s too busy (and it may not be) for part of the time.

If you take a bus across the street and go 5 miles up to the village of Punta Mita area you can take a very nice cheap water excursion--your own private boat with the whole family. Here´s our trip from 2006. If you want a contact number to book something, send me a PM. I´m not supposed to advertise, but Rudy (from Austria) speaks excellent English and Spanish as well as his native German. Price is by boat, not per person, and his captains have lived in the area for 30 years. He does custom tours as well as the usual trips to the Marietas, fishing, etc. Sorry no whales at this time of year, but maybe dolphins and sea turtles.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g499443-s4/Punta-De-M…

Brampton
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Holiday

Just a quick note: Easter is on April 8th so if they celebrate the week before and the week after, then arriving April 17th should be fine.

I was actually at the Palladium last year around Easter (we left on Good Friday) and we decided we wouldn't do that again. It was a lot more crowded with locals on our final 3 days. It wasn't unbearable, but we had gotten used to the quiet and good service. It seemed that once the locals arrived, we were invisible.

We are going again this year and we made sure we didn't arrive until after the two week easter break.

4. Re: Easter Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, March 14, 2012
Punta de Mita...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Holiday

Hola CookFamily, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. Most families will be traveling the first week of April. The big weekend is over the 8th. By the time you get here on your vacation, most of the crowds will be gone! Have a great trip -- you'll get that much needed relaxation you seek!!

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Holiday

We will be there from the 2nd to the 9th.....looks like it could be a very busy end to our vacation. I know Easter is a very big celebration in Mexico. Hopefully we will get the rest we need in the first few days.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,095 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Holiday

Yes Epidix.. it will be a FULL resort.

In my above post, the drive I mentioned was to the Palladium.. No kidding any Land close to the water,was jambed packed with cars... That was the last day of their Holiday.

The National celebrate One week Prior to Easter and One week after..Schools are Out. So from Friday March 30 right through to April 15 there will be Crowds...

have fun.

8. Re: Easter Holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, June 21, 2013