We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Punta de Mita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

Any information or thoughts about the new "Imanta" resort? Looks great for a small hotel-has anyone spent any time there/

Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

I hope someone answers, but, it really is very new. When we drove by (we live 2 km away), they had a group in, but they had just opened (in April). We have also been by it on the water that day and thought it was breathtakingly beautiful.

We would stay there in a minute,but we can't justify the cost given we have two places in the area :). The only drawback is that it is isolated (you can't walk to restaurants or shops) and it doesn't have the same range of activities as the properties inside the Punta Mita Development. But other than that, ít looks perfect for a retreat-type vacation.

Guadalajara, Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

I stayed there with my wife right after it opened and I can say that it is a great high-end hotel in every way. They have a great chef and the private beach is amazing for sunbathing and sunsets. You can easily drive or take a taxi to Sayulita or Punta Mita for sightseeing, shopping or dinner. The design of the rooms reminded us a little bit of the One & Only in Maldives. I strongly recommend it.

DID

San Diego California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

I have stayed there now, back in May. I already booked my trip again in July.

This is the most exclusive, beautiful, tasty hotel I have ever stayed. I have traveled the world and have never come across something so beautiful. My crew and I connected with the staff in a way that most would probably scoff at, but thats what made it for us.

IMANTA has the exclusive feel without the snobby service. The Chef Miguel is outstanding. It is a matter of time before he gets discovered by someone in the United States.... hold onto him.

Granted you can't walk to shops, but who cares when you have your own personal driver, give me a break. Why would you even want to shop when you have IMANTA at your feet.

They offer so many excursions like; yachting (which we did) , ATV through rivers and jungles, kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, ZIP lining and the list goes on.

Better get here soon before it gets discovered by all the tacky tourists'.

WE LOVE WAIPY

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

I have not stayed there yet but I believe that they have former staff from Aman resorts. So if you are familiar with them you should have an idea of what to expect.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

Twoshoulders, or anyone, it would be better to do a review in the Punta Mita Hotel section.

At the top of the page, there´s a box that says ¨Review¨. Imanta isn´t yet listed, but it´s easy to get a new property listed (just cite the website) on Trip Advisor, and it´s what most people read, rather than Forums.

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

My wife and I are concluding a ten day stay here at Imanta. It has been a trip to remember for reasons which cannot be easily duplicated by other locations, even those as close as Punta de Mita. The crabs, the birds, the jungle, it is all breathtaking. Aside from the fact that the service is excellent, the chef suberb, and the tranquility priceless, it is a unique experience. Similarities to Aman resorts notwithstanding, the entirety of the experience will leave you with memories for a lifetime.

Higuera Blanca...
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
Level Contributor
866 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

I second the comment by Careyeroslib that a review on the Punta Mita Forum would be an excellent idea. those reviews are taken very seriously by people who want to travel. Unlike posts in threads, they stay in place and are read repeatedly.

Those who have stayed there already have the basis for a review.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,202 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

Imanta is now listed under Punta Mita hotels so you can now write a review.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499443-d219738…

La Jolla, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

Imanta is simply AMAZING! This resort is operated by an incredibly capable group of staff. The accommodations are second to none and the location is very special. I predict this will become a resort that will have strong appeal to those individuals that demand unsurpassed accommodations and service but also require intimacy and privacy. Certainly the high profile people that want to be a bit out of the main stream will find Imanta especially enchanting. In addition, I know Imanta has carefully chosen partners in the Vallarta and Punta Mita area that share in this level of service, exclusivity and privacy. Companies such as Mondrian Yacht Charters which operates a luxury yacht charter company on the bay. These alliances allow a guest to extend their experience away from the property while maintaining the a consistent and seamless experience. I personally love Imanta and would strongly suggest this property.

10. Re: New "Imanta" resort-has anyone stayed there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 05, 2012