We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
westyat7000
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

Hello,

My wife and I are going to be traveling to Bahia Kino for a few days and I have a couple of questions.

We are going to be driving down through Nogales, and that brings me to my first question regarding the "Sonora Only" permit. Is there an actual application process and a physical permit, or if we are staying within the Sonora Only area is nothing required for our vehicle? (besides MX insurance)

Second question. We are thinking about bringing along a couple of bicycles. Is the Kino Bay area bicycle friendly, or are we better off leaving them at home? Just a couple of cruisers for basic transportation.

And finally, Are there many ATMs around Bahia Kino?

Thanks in advance for any help that you may provide, we are looking forward to our trip.

15 replies to this topic
westyat7000
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

Ok, we're back from our trip down to Kino Bay. It was a quick trip and uneventful. We stayed at Caluma Bungalos in New Kino. It was very basic, but clean, relaxing and priced right. The hosts and other guests were great and a lot of information about the local area was exchanged.

And the bikes were great to have. We used them quite a bit in old and new Kino.

We're looking forward to another trip down to Sonora with a couple of additional stops added further south.

Thanks again for all the info.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

can anyone tell me about the kuukaak rv resort. Good? Bad? Steve

Sonora
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

Kuun Kaak is almost deserted. We used to stay there but the family that owns it now has not spent a dime in about 6 years. Very run down. Kino Bay RV park is still the best choice. Older but nice residents. It is not ocan front. If you want to be close to the ocean Islandia is a rustic but very Mexican park in Old Kino. Again nice residents. You can walk to Old Kino from the park.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,049 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

Islandia is for sale. Don't know if it's open.

Sonora
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.

Islandia is alive, well and very open!

Reply to: Traveling to Kino Bay soon and I have a couple of questions.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted