We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Angel Flores Guest House

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ajijic, Jalisco...
6 posts
Save Topic
Angel Flores Guest House

Thinking about retirement?

Are you ready to retire but feel your cash flow is not there anymore. Well have I got good news for you. Mexico has a hidden place on a sixty mile long lake "Lake Chapala, largest lake in all of Mexico, with wonderful mountains all around it." The cost of living is much less then in the US. You can afford a maid and a gardner. Don't tell anyone about this because there are already about 15,000 retired English speaking people living here now and you know how a good thing spreads. I moved here just after I retired in 1995. This place has the best weather in the world, never to hot or cold. Most homes don't have AC or heat, as they don't need it. Taxes on a 100,000 Dollar home is about one hundred dollar a year. Well to make a long story short. I love having guests so much that I commissioned a well known Mexican architect to build an eight bedroom guest house overlooking my lush, tropical garden. You can relax in splendid solitude or take a five minute walk and explore the charms of Ajijic (AH- He-Heek) a 14th century picture post card, cobblestone street village on the north shore of Lake Chapala where great restaurants abound. You can dine al fresco on traditional Mexican fare or take your pick from Argentine, French, Italian or international cuisines. If you are feeling adventuresome a two minute walk will take you to a first class, air conditioned bus going Guadalajara, Mexico's second largest city, which is only 45 minutes away. After you've enjoyed Guadalajara' s stunning historical district, including the world famous Orozco murals, and sampled its distinctive nightlife, a short distance away is Tlaquepaque, Mexico's answer to New Orleans's French Quarter and Tonola where the largest tiangus (market) in Mexico is held every Sunday and Thursday. Whether you decide to read a good book or to explore this fascinating area Skip your friend in Mexico will make sure your holiday is the best ever.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Angel Flores Guest House

Thank you Skip, we will be there at your guest house in January 2014 for 5 days. My partner Dean has already contacted you. We look forward to meeting you there.

Loanne

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,976 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Angel Flores Guest House

Wow sounds like an elaborate ad to me...It is a nice place here...been here many years...good climate but we do have some cool nights in winter and some hot days in summer. Not so cheap anymore either might I add, depends where you come from in states.

Please before retiring to a foreign country go and visit during many seasons and rent awhile, it is not paradise nor is it for everyone but for some it is..just saying..

3. Re: Angel Flores Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 14, 2014