We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Ajijic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottetown...
5 posts
Save Topic
Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

We are 2 french canadian seniors, who will be spending 3 months in ajijic from jan to april, and we are wandering if there are some french canadian living in the area? »I for myself is builingual,but my wife is not, she might get bored after a while. meanwhile..we are taking some spanish lessons, , and hope to continue while over there

Also, we are a litle concern about security,violence seems to be on the rise...

T.you

Ajijic
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hi there,

When you get here go to the Lake Chapala Society and they have all sorts of groups for all nationalities.

As for safety etc. believe me so much is exagerated and I never feel unsafe here. What you see on the news is not what we know in this area.

I hope that helps.

Steve

Charlottetown...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hello Steve!

Thanks for your guideline, we appreciate a lot

asta la vista

Rockwood, Canada
Level Contributor
325 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hi there french Canadian's.

My hubby and I live in Ontario and are English speaking. My mom is now a full time resident of Mexico and loves the Ajijic, San Antonio, Chapala area. She feels very safe there. You just have to use common sense. No flashy jewlery, don't walk outside late at night by yourself.

I am not sure about other French Speaking people but I would assume their might be some. Speaking Spanish or learning it will help.

I hope you have a fabulous time .

We are heading down for a visit in March.

Katie

Ajijic
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hi again,

I replied before, but we own Casa de las Flores B&B here and we were just at Casa Blanca where they have just opened a new restaurant. The food was great and then we realised the chef is French speaking although not sure where he is from and also I think the owners of the restaurant are French speaking as well.

Charlottetown...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hello Katie!

Canadians helping canadians...its very kind of you ...we are not quite sure yet if we will be going..I have a reservation for feb, march, but things seem to be getting uglyer in mexico...meantime we are taking some spanish lessons, it might come handy! who knows!

Mucho gratias !

Charlottetown...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

Hello steve!

It's nice to know that there are some french people in ajijic, and that we could go and have some to eat in our own language

Thanks again!|

7. Re: Are there any french speaking people in ajijic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, May 19, 2011