We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Chapala
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
By Cab from Guad bus station to Chapala/Ajijic

I've got to many bags to deal with so I'm thinking of going by cab to Chapala from the 1st class bus station. Any idea what this would cost? ort should i go from bus station to airport, airport to Chapala? I don't see any bus connection from the 1st class bus station to Lakeside except maybe to Mazamitla, get off near Jocotoepec. I'm coming from PV. Could stop at the new terminal in Zapopan. Quite an ordeal! Im leaving on Tuesaday the 31st. HELP!

Lake Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: By Cab from Guad bus station to Chapala/Ajijic

From Guadalajara Bus Station take a bus or taxi to "El Alamo", that should cost no more than 50 pesos, from el Alamo take the bus to Ajijic, it will have a sign saying "Jocotepec Directo" or "Chapala Directo". The bus from Guadalajara to Chapala costs 40 pesos.

BTW: There is no bus from the airport to Chapala.

Chapala
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: By Cab from Guad bus station to Chapala/Ajijic

Thanks. Where is el Alamo? is that in Tonala or what? Never heard the place name though have seen lots of of the area. I ended up taking a gypsy cab for a negotiated price of 300 pesos from the 1st class station..so door to door so to speak! Thanks for your tip. Q. do you live in Chapala?

3. Re: By Cab from Guad bus station to Chapala/Ajijic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 25, 2009