We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Las Brisas del Valle?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Las Brisas del Valle?

I am headed to Las Brisas del Valle in early May. What is the best way to get there? If I rent a car, what are the ramifications of taking a car from the US to Mexico and back? Which rental companies have the most restrictions/fees around this issue?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

hayseesue@hotmail.com

San Diego
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Las Brisas del Valle?

Rent a car. You need to get mexico insurance from the rental agency for the days that you'll be in Mex (I don't know which agency is best), and it's also a good idea to buy insurance at one of the mex insurance places just before the border. We live in SD but have taken a rental car down on done this. Better to have all the bases covered.

On your way to the border, get off at the exit AFTER Dairy market road (sorry - can't remember the name). Turn right off the off ramp and at the next light you'll see a drive-through insurance place across the street on the right hand corner. It costs about $10-15 a day.

You will have a fantastic time! Valle de Guadalupe is beautiful, and you must eat at Laja. Ask your hosts if you don't see it on the road in. Laja is only open Weds - Sat I think. But a real, simple, fab find.

Enjoy!

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Las Brisas del Valle?

Thanks so much for your insight!

Jaymie

Get answers to your questions about Valle de Guadalupe