We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buena Vista Beach Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Alaska
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Buena Vista Beach Resort

I'm planning a Spring Break vacation with my family and I'm interested in knowing more about the Buena Vista Beach Resort. Has anyone stayed there?

My son is 9 years old and does not deal with the heat very well (being an Alaskan Eskimo). I'm worried he will not have enough to do there if he doesn't do the "beach and pool" thing all day long.

What is there to do for elementary kids who find 6 hour tours boring?

Also, the difference in the "standard" room and "premium" room is located closer to the beach and a hammock. Do you feel it is worth the extra money? How far is the "not close" rooms really? (Hard to tell from their floorplan layout)

Also, the MEAL PLAN, did you do the American meal plan where you prepay for your breakfast/lunch/dinner? If so, do you feel it was worth the extra money?

Guess I have alot of questions huh? First time for a family vacation with both my kids (daughter is 15) and want to choose locations wisely.

Thanks for any and all comments.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,460 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buena Vista Beach Resort

I have not stayed there, and it has been awhile since I have seen the property, the area is beautiful. Most folks tend to do the meal plan as there aren't the large number of restaurant choices in that area as there are in Cabo. The area has grown considerably, so there are many more restaurant choices, and you are only about an hour to an hour and a half to San Jose and Cabo, should you want to drive in for lunch and shopping. I realize this isn't a lot of good info, but hopefully it will get you started. Also, if anyone is looking for a good company to fish with, take a look at www.cuyuyosportfishing.com. They are located in Los Barriles. (You may also find a link to them on Jake's Alaska page!)

minneapolis
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buena Vista Beach Resort

We are also considering this resort for our family. We have kids age 3 and 5. Unfortunately I have never been there and would also love to hear from someone who has. Look at their web site for day trips. It looks like there is a fossil trip and also a zoo/waterfall trip that appeals to our kids. Do your children snorkel? That is an option. We have always enjoyed hunting for sand crabs on our beach vacations, but our kids are younger than yours. Good luck!

Monument
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buena Vista Beach Resort

Driving Hwy 1 we noted the area is a total desert (Arizona with an ocean). On the coastline there are two spots of palm trees - a genuine oasis. These are the Hotel Buena Vista Resort and Rancho Buena Vista (famous old movie star spot). I have not seen great reviews of either one. They are all inclusive and since we saw no other commercial facilities in the area, that would be recommended. I suspect both are primitive and could be "buggy". I too would appreciate input from anyone who has stayed at either one. Thanks!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,460 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buena Vista Beach Resort

The area is primarily an area for fishermen, but I don't think you will find that they are terribly buggy or unpleasant, as they stay pretty well occupied. My best friend owns property in Los Barilles, and may know more about the area........I can ask her if she has been in them recently, and if you are interested in Super Panga fishing, she is the "go to gal" in that area. Their web page is www.cuyuyosportfishing.com if you are interested.

Mill Valley, CA
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buena Vista Beach Resort

I'm also looking into staying in the Los Barilles area next April with some friends and family but I'd like to stay where there are some amenities. Nice pool, on the beach and decent food nearby. (I really don't want to stay at a hotel that serves American cuisine.) Looking for the authentic experience.

Any recommendations would be great. We'd also be willing to stay in San Jose Del Cabo if folks have recommendations for that are as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Amy

Get answers to your questions about Buenavista