We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wellington or Picton?

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Wellington or Picton?

Hi,

What do you think about renting a house in Wellington for one week if we want to go to Sandbank National Park everyday?

Is it very quiet at dinner time?

We are a family with young kids.

Thank you!

Normand

6 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wellington or Picton?

In terms of driving distance, it's a toss-up - from Wellington it's a 25 minute drive, from Picton a 20 minute drive. I could be corrected, but I'm not entirely sure you can access the park from Wellington - even though the very north tip of the park is just across from the townsite.

Wellington is a very pretty town but it is very small. Picton would have more things to do in the evening for adults and kids. However, Wellington is right on the water so has more of a "summer beach vacation" feel to it. Either way, the County is a great spot for a holiday.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wellington or Picton?

No, even though the park is only a very short distance across the water, you can't actually access Sandbanks from Wellington.

Picton is small, Wellington is tiny. I'd suggest going to google maps and having a look around streetview. Which would be better suited to you is really a personal preference.

And Sandbanks is a provincial park, not a national park.

ktown

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wellington or Picton?

Thanks Ktown - I was pretty sure it couldn't be accessed, but things might have changed in the years since I've been to the park.

4. Re: Wellington or Picton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, May 27, 2013

Wellington, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wellington or Picton?

I live in Wellington, it is small friendly town with an awesome playground for smaller children a nice beach and a lighthouse to walk to. everything is walkable, there are resorts and B&B, Cottages for rent on a weekly basis right in town. You might wanna check out Tripadvisor for more infos on accommodation. You can access Sandbanks Park from Wellington only by boat/kayak/canoe since there is West Lake and the channel in between. Driving time is about 25 min.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,355 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wellington or Picton?

carolinB - you've already been warned about posting your own business on TA. Please also note you should check the dates on threads. This one is over a year old.

Having local PEC knowledge is great ... not many locals on TA so please come back and share your tips according to the guidelines.

Reply to: Wellington or Picton?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wellington
Recent Conversations