We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trail of the Woods B & B

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Trail of the Woods B & B

How do I review a B & B in Aurora that is not listed on Trip Advisor yet I found it on Ontario's B &

B association?

10 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Click on the "Write a Review" link below (in the footer at the very bottom of the page) and search under "hotels". When it says it can't find it, there is also a link to add it. Fill in the information; you will get an email once it has been added and then you will be able to review it.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Someone in Uxbridge, staying in a B&B half an hour away ... how interesting.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,936 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Hi Wendy;

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Best Regards

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Thank you so much, I like writing reviews and sometimes am unsure how to navigate the site!

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Yes, it is very close to me, and it is my friends place. I have not stayed the night since it became a B & B but the transformation is astounding!

Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Thanks for your reply, I am failry new and am learning a lot!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,177 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

How can you review a place if you haven't stayed there? That is what reviews are for ... not for publicising your friend's B&B.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Wendy, you might want to read the review guidelines since you might not be doing your friend any favours. You have to have had an experience with the hotel (or B&B in this case) as a customer, even if only to the extent of dealing with them while make a reservation. The TA reviews can be a wonderful help for a B&B but any hint of trying to "game the system" will work against them. Properties with reviews that are considered fraudulent (written by friends, family etc.) can lead to a red-letter warning on their TripAdvisor listing page. Even if that doesn't happen, as illustrated by phpr, some people are going to pick up on the fact that you likely have other motives for the review, since your location is so close. Personally, when I am considering where to stay, if there are too many one-post wonder reviews, or others that raise suspicion, I usually just rule that property out entirely.

Edited: 10:37 am, May 13, 2013
Angus, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

Thank you so much, that explains the other persons response. I did not know I was not to do that so I will review the guidelines as I would not want to cause any harm to her or do anything fraudulent. I will leave it to her lovely guests to rate it!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,012 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trail of the Woods B & B

She can also add her property here on TA - the basic listings are free or she can pay for a listing if she wants to have contact information included in the listing. (The freebies don't include phone, email or website links.) As a registered owner, she would have access to the Owner's Forum, as well as to various tools TA has available to encourage guests to post reviews.

Reply to: Trail of the Woods B & B
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aurora
Recent Conversations