We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inuvik

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
16,555 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Inuvik

Hi there,

we are planning a trip to Inuvik next july.

We will spend there 4 days and we would like to take some day tours by boat or air.

Which are the most interesting destinations?

Is reservation recommended?

Thanks in advance.

17 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Inuvik

TO PAMANDGRANT,

Welcome to the INUVIK TRAVEL FORUM.

And I see that you are also new to TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Here is a Useful TA TIP to get the most out of your TA Membership and the TRAVEL FORUMS…

It is considered proper TA FORUM Netiquette not to "tag on" on to another's post... but rather to post a NEW Topic for a NEW Question. First off this means that more readers will see your Question and you will most likely receive a variety of qualified replies (many times Advisors will not click back into an Older Topic that they have already given an answer to)...

To ADD a NEW Topic to the FORUM just click on the orange ADD A NEW TOPIC button at the top of the page that lists the Topics for the TRAVEL FORUM.

As well, the replies to your Question and that posed by the Original Poster (OP) won't become confused... and also the OP will not receive emails from TA telling them to check "their" topic... as they have been receiving replies.

It is the considerate thing to do.

And as an Added BONUS it also makes keeping track of your Question a lot easier... and you are also then to make it part of your Personal TRAVEL FILE (a great way to keep all your info together in one spot) as part of your TA PROFILE.

We look forward to giving personal attention to your Travel Planning Questions.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Heywood, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Inuvik

Hi,

I didn't consider it a new topic but a development of the listed topic.

sorry

regards,

pam

Inuvik, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Inuvik

Hi puffin58, As you will be here in July there will be quite a few option for Day trips. The Tuk and Hercal island day trips will take you to the coast, there is also trips to Babbage river in Ivvavik National park. I suggest stopping at the Visitor Center when you arrive in Town to see what is available when you are here. They have lots of information and a small exhibit. It’s at the top of the hill when you come into town (look for the plane on the poll and you can’t miss it.) Also, you might want to plan your trip to coincide with the The Great Northern Arts Festival 15-24 July this year (http://www.gnaf.org/)

14. Re: Inuvik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, April 02, 2011

Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Inuvik

FYI...Inuvik has a population of closer to 4000...when I moved there in 75 there were almost 5000 - so I don't know where everyone is getting their populations from...

the site http://inuvik.ca/ will give you tons of information, plus you have an advantage to contact a staff member at the town office for more information

the Dempster Hwy is a beautiful drive...esp in the summer...follow road signs please...the road is generally very good for a gravel hwy...quite a bit of traffic...basic travel time from Klondike Corner (near Dawson City) to Inuvik is 8.5 straight travel, with a stop in Eagle for the bathroom and food.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,592 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Inuvik

The OP was travelling in July 2011.

Old post.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,832 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Inuvik

Actually, I think they were planning to travel in July 2010.... *really* old post. ;-)

Reply to: Inuvik
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inuvik