We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching in Mahone Bay

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching in Mahone Bay

Travelling to Halifax Aug 23 through 27. Planning on visiting Mahone By, Chester and Peggys Cove. Would appreciate any suggestions re whale watching, b & b. thanks

7 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
669 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

There is a Whale watching boat tour out of the waterfront in Lunenburg, situated along with other boat tour 'offices' on the Fisheries museum dock. None that I iknow of in Mahone Bay. Lunenburg is only a 10-15 minute drive from Mahone Bay-you drive through Mahone Bay to get to Lunenburg. The Fisheries museum in Lunenburg is a great place to visit. Hope you have a great trip.

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
496 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

You can get reviews of all the B&B's by typing Mahone Bay (or any other area) in the above search engine......very helpful info.! Have fun!

Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

Thank you. We are looking so forward to our few days in Nova Scotia. It would be sooooooo exciting to actually see whales also!!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

I know your time is limited, but you should be aware that the South Shore of Nova Scotia - Halifax, Lunenburg - is not the best place for whale watching. There are some there, but most of them gather in the mouth of the Bay of Fundy where there is more food. Here are some posts;

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k24837…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k53942…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k56290…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154967-i326-k79594…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k54009…

Edited: 6:33 pm, August 12, 2012
Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

Thankyou Maryanne. We arrive in Halifax. I think Briers Island is too far out of our way. We will be going to Mahone Bay, Chester and Peggys Cove (in that order) then back to Halifax to fly home. Looking forward to seeing a bit of Eastern Canada.....whale watching would be an added bonus.

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
496 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

While it is not for whale watching, South Shore Boat Tours out of Mahone Bay has been recommended to me. You can check it out on www.southshoreboattours.com or the tripadvisor reviews.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whale watching in Mahone Bay

I do agree that a boat tour would be lovely. Just don't expect to see whales.

Reply to: Whale watching in Mahone Bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mahone Bay