We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in Baddeck??

Titonka
Level Contributor
35 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights in Baddeck??

We want to do the Cabot Trail and was wandering if we should make Baddeck our home base or would we be better to stay one night on the trail?

Thanks

Halifax
Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: 3 nights in Baddeck??

I agree if hiking is your priority, Pleasant Bay excellent choice and out of the way of the Keltic Tourism crowd.

However if you want to visit the Highland Village in Iona, Louisbourg, Miners Museum or go on a Bird Island Boat Tour. then personally Baddeck better alternative to Sydney and easy trip into that area.

There are also a number of alternatives to exploring the Bras D'Or lakes by water that leave from Baddeck.

I am also big fan Bell museum and not really a museum person- the man was a genius and invented so many items not just the telephone. The View from there of Baddeck Bay is magnificent and also great spot for picnic.

Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 3 nights in Baddeck??

So much to do in this area. As well as the Cabot Trail don't miss Rita MacNeils tea house at Big Pond or Louisbourg or the undersea mine at Glace Bay. And for sure capture a ceilidh if you can!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
479 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 3 nights in Baddeck??

We stayed a night in Chetticamp, which was excellent. Very quiet and friendly. and a night in Baddeck, at the Lynnwood Inn. I would pass on the Lynwood Inn as it was not overly friendly and overpriced for what it was. The lady at front counter was just kind of going through the motions, but was very professional but not what I could call pleasant or polite. Then when we were leaving when I was paying with my card we were presented with the Card Machine PIN pad with I believe it was 3 options 20%,25% or30% tip. Kinda felt like you were being fleeced for an EXTRA charge from the hotel that would not necessarily be passed on to the staff!! If you do stay in Baddeck check out Tom's Pizza (I think is what it was called). It was the only NON seafood super we had in our week there and it was about the best pizza I have ever had!! :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 3 nights in Baddeck??

You could also visit the grave of the Cape Breton giant, Angus Macaskill. He is buried in Englishtown. You can take a 2 minute ferry to the Cabot Trail from Englishtown. It's a nice little pit stop along your journey.

macaskill.com/GeneralTallTales/…angus.html

15. Re: 3 nights in Baddeck??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2015