We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

Texas
Level Contributor
182 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

I would like to make reservations at the Innkeeper's house for this July. I have left phone messages and emailed the owner. I have not had a response. Do you know if he only begins taking summer reservations later this spring? I don't want to miss out on the opportunity.

Thanks!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
13,084 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

I am not sure what its status is, but do try in April or May.

New Minas, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
2,309 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

If you call the Nova Scotia information services, they might be able to help you.

1-800-565-0000

Advocate Harbour...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

Yes, it is a issue every year with early bookings at Cape d'Or. I know some people have never heard back from the operator after sending a early email request. Probably part of the problem is that it is a county owned property that is leased to the operator and perhaps the lease terms are under negotiation. As mentioned you can try back later as perhaps he has a some sort of cut-off where he only responds to emails after a certain date. But in the meantime you could check out some other places as it is always nice for those that do like to plan ahead to be able to do so. And with internet/email there should be no reason not to.

If I am going to unique, remote areas with few accommodation choices I always arrange my accommodations well in advance to ensure I get to experience the location. Even in extremely remote places in off the grid jungle locations I usually get a response within days! Cape d'Or is spectacular, one of those places that can be the highlight of a vacation for the right type of person - and the host is a very friendly fellow - if you do get to meet him that is. I guess it is up to him how and when he decides to answer customer requests - I can assure you any other accommodations in the area will get back to you. Some places you might want to check are the on the beach chalets at www.driftwoodparkretreat.com or the Bayview cottage Gloria at 902 392-2444 no website. Another good option is The Wild Caraway www.wildcaraway.com which can also be a wonderful experience - they are away right now but I am sure they will get back to you. Cape d'Or is within sight of these places and you can always do the short drive up to the Cape to take in the views - and maybe have a chat with the operator on the merits of getting back to customers.

4. Re: Cape d'Or Lighthouse lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Advocate Harbour
More Advocate Harbour Topics