We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage in Gros Morne

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cottage in Gros Morne

We'll be visiting Gros Morne in September and are looking for a cottage with a kitchen and a view. Can anyone recommend Mountain Range cabins or Middle Brook cottages or something similar? Thank you.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

Try e-mailing Joe: seasurf@hotmail.com We are staying there in August, right on the ocean in Rocky Harbour.

2. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:33 pm, April 26, 2006
3. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:33 pm, April 26, 2006
Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

Both are nice cottages. Look up the posting by adventures and you'll find out about a hidden secret.

FLORIDA
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

A Perfect Getaway was another cottage I was considering. They have cottages with a washer and dryer that is a really nice convenience, but they are about $30 CAD more expensive than the other 2.

Does anyone know if the Star ratings given accommodations in Canada pretty much accurately describe how nice a particular establishment really is? Prices don't seem to correlate as much as you would expect (low star rated places can be surprisingly expensive and vice versa).

Thank you for your suggestions!

BC Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

Have you looked at www.middlebrookcottages.com ? These look very nice, and they are new. When I mentioned in my previous post to you about e-mailing Joe@seasurf, it is not for the seasurf cottages, it for a private A-frame on the water that is not advertized. In general the star ratings are accurate in Canada, but I have also found that NFLD doesn't seem to be as consistent.

To canad: what is the adventures website with the hidden secret? I could not find it.

Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

I meant the posting in this forum by "adventures"

not a website.

About CandaSelect: The ratings are quite consistent but is a Canada-wide program that doesn’t reflect local differences. And there is no rating for view and atmosphere which may explain the differences in the rates within the same star categories.

BC Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

I get it now.....

Being from Gros Morne, what area would you say would be the nicest to stay in, Norris Point, Rockey Harbour, etc, for view, location in the park, amenities?

Norris Point, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

We consider Rocky Harbour as the busy place and Norris Point as the scenic one. Since Rocky Harbour is only 8 km away you can easy stay in Norris Point and still have access to all the goodies in Rocky Harbour.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
6 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cottage in Gros Morne

To BC BOrn if you are still around! Did you stay at the cottage on the ocean that was from Joe at Sea Surf and how was it?