We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

St. Agatha Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

While we did not stay at this motel, we did attend a pub night, which are held on Wednesdays and Fridays. The house band, Anchors Aweigh made the evening worthwhile. They are funny, friendly and most of all they are good. Newfoundland music and humour. If in Rocky Harbour or Norris Point or vicinity, they are definitely worth a look see and hear.

Mentioned in this post
Anchors Aweigh
Anchors Aweigh
233 Reviews
Rocky Harbour, Canada
Newfoundland
Newfoundland
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Norris Point
Norris Point
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
BC Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

Thanks! We will be there at the end of the month. How many days were you in Gros Morne? We only have 4 days there.

40.44N 80.01W
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

Anchors Aweigh definately! They played at the motel while I stayed there, but I didn't go to see them. It wasn't until the next day in a local gift shop, I heard some good music. I really liked it. I asked the shop owner and he told me it was Anchors Aweigh. So, I bought one of their CD's. Had I known that this great music I heard at the gift shop was what was being played live at the Ocean View the night before, I would have checked them out. Don't worry though. I plan on buying the newest CD as soon as it's available.

Mentioned in this post
Anchors Aweigh
Anchors Aweigh
233 Reviews
Rocky Harbour, Canada
Dartmouth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

There is a restaurant in Rocky Harbour called Java Jacks. It has really fabulous food. We never would have tried it, but some other guests at one of the B&B's we stayed at recommended it. It was really good food and far, far superior to the Fisherman's Landing Restaurant where the food was mediocre at best.

Mentioned in this post
Fisherman's Landing Restaurant
Fisherman's Landing...
298 Reviews
Rocky Harbour, Canada
London, Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Anchors Aweigh at Ocean View Motel

7 of us were fortunate to have been in Rocky Harbour for Pub Night in July. What a blast we had! Lots of fun and laughs at the Anchors Away show as well as meeting with the band members during their brief intermission. Bet they were glad we showed up as we all bought their 3 CD's! They said they'd be performing at a campgroung in Kingston this September. I'm looking for the exact date and location so we can surprise them when we show up! Loved Newfoundland and we will be back to visit again. Hope your experience was likewise.

Get answers to your questions about Rocky Harbour
More Rocky Harbour Topics