We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Shores Resort & Spa -- Nanoose Bay

Springfield...
Destination Expert
for Fairfax
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
318 reviews
211 helpful votes
Pacific Shores Resort & Spa -- Nanoose Bay

Because TA will no longer allow timeshare owners to post reviews under the property, I am posting this here at their recommendation (on a board that sees very little traffice). Oh well....

My husband and I recently spent a week at Pacific Shores using an RCI Weeks exchange. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

We stayed in an A unit in the 700 block, which adjoins the reception building. Having stayed at a number of resorts over the past 10 years, I have to say that the unit (which sleeps four) is one of the smallest we've ever experienced. From the front door, we walked into a long hallway with doors to the bathroom, washer/dryer closet, and bedroom on the left and a locked door to the adjoining room on the right, before reaching the combined kitchen/dining/living room area. The kitchen was small, but well equipped. The limited cabinet space, however, meant that there was no place to put our food. Anything that didn't go in the refrigerator ended up sitting on the dining table for the week. The dining table was pushed up against one wall, blocking access to two of the chairs. If you wanted to pull the table out so that someone could sit on that side, it would probably be difficult to walk around the other side because you'd bump into the end of the kitchen counter. There was a gas fireplace in the living room that we enjoyed on cool October evenings, but we couldn't figure out how you'd be able to walk around the living room if the sofa bed were opened. On the plus side, the living room had two big windows looking out on the grounds with a sliver of ocean visible between the trees. There was also a glass door to the porch.

The only natural light in the bedroom came from another door to the porch. There was a queen-sized bed, a small reading nook, and plenty of drawer space. There was another entrance to the bathroom off the bedroom. The bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub and plenty of counter space. There were plenty of extra towels under the vanity.

The grounds are beautifully landscaped. It must be gorgeous in the summer when more flowers are blooming but, even in October, with some things cut back for the winter, the grounds were impressive. We ate at the Landing restaurant twice. Dinner on the night we arrived was good. The prices are steep, but we took advantage of three-course prix fixe offer. The only drawback was that the Caesar salad that was the starter was drowning in salad dressing. My chicken was beautifully cooked, any my husband enjoyed his salmon. Brunch on the day we left was great. The restaurant itself is lovely, with large aquariums and a view of the ocean.

If you go, be sure to sign up for the Rain Forest Adventure Tours that will pick you up at the resort. We did a half-day tour of the salmon run and fish hatcheries that was very interesting.

We were disappointed that the heated pool was not heated the entire time we were there, and that the hot tub with a view of the bay was closed entirely.

A car is essential to enjoy the area. The closest restaurant, apart from the one at the resort, is the Rocking Horse Pub, which was good. Otherwise, you're driving to Parksville.

1. Re: Pacific Shores Resort & Spa -- Nanoose Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, May 09, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Nanoose Bay