We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Level Contributor
93 posts
30 reviews
Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Anyone know if there is any restaurants that have patios that allow dogs?

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
113 reviews
1. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Technically this is not allowed in BC under the Public Health Act (Part 3; division 7; section 25). In Vancouver this is pretty strictly enforced by restaurant owners (since they are the ones who get fined, not you) but I don't know for Sechelt.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
22,166 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Your best bet is to find a restaurant with a patio where you can tie your dog near your table on the outside of the railing. As mentioned, having your dog inside the railing or laying down at your table is against the provincial public health regulations. I was in Whistler a couple of summers ago and the health department had done a crackdown on dogs on patios then, and restaurants were making sure they were fully compliant. Our friends had their dog with them, and they wanted their dog nearby so we had to find a patio that had a table available next to the edge of the patio, and they tied their dog on the other side of the railing.

If you do find a restaurant that flouts the regulation, then you kinda have to wonder what other parts of the public health regulations are they ignoring.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,866 posts
1 review
3. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

"If you do find a restaurant that flouts the regulation, then you kinda have to wonder what other parts of the public health regulations are they ignoring."

Ouch!

Level Contributor
93 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Sorry for the miscommunication. I know no dogs allowed in restaurants. I just wanted to know a restaurant that has a nearby area where I can tie the leash to.

Level Contributor
93 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Thank you for everyone’s info.

I think I got the info I needed.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
113 reviews
6. Re: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt

Actually I don't think you mis-communicated at all....the issue is that in BC the patio, even if outside, is considered part of the restaurant and under the same restrictions. No smoking, no pets, same dress code, and so on. Hope whatever you found works for you

Reply to: Dog friendly restaurants in Sechelt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted