We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No car in Port McNeill

Which Port McNeill hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
No car in Port McNeill

Hi we are looking for a bit of advice for getting around without a car!

We are taking the greyhound coach from Vancouver to Port McNeill then going on 4 days kayaking with Kingfishers, so hiring a car seemed piontless as it would sit for 4 days. Or is this silly? Should we just go by car?

However we really want to stay at hidden Cove lodge for 2 days after the kayaking. That is remote and outside of Telegraph cove.

I've read all the reviews and it seems everyone has had their own transport!

Does anyone have some top tips for 1- getting to hidden cove lodge without a car and 2-getting from Hidden Cove Lodge back to either Port McNeill or Port Hardy for transport (maybe flying) back to Vancouver?

many thanks

Cheers

maz

Port McNeill
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: No car in Port McNeill

Your best bet is Rainbow Taxi 250-956-8294. I just called them and the prices are $40 to $50 from Port McNeil to Hidden Cove and $90 to $100 from Hidden Cove to the Port Hardy Airport.

If we are not too busy (I am the owner of Kingfisher) we are happy to drive you there ourselves but I think you are visiting us in early August (not 100% sure from your user name) and it is likely all our vans and guides will be busy and the taxi would be the only other option.

Fell free to call or e-mail me with any other questions or clarifications.

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No car in Port McNeill

Hi there, that is great info. Yes we are coming with you to kayak 31st Aug, and very excited about it. Thanks for the potential offer but totally understand that you will be busy and needing to get all the kit sorted out after the 4 day trip, so its good to know that there is a taxi that would be willing to take us onto the B&B. We just thought it was a bit silly tio hire a car that would sit in a car park whilst we were out on the sea for 4 days!

So that has put our minds at ease, and we realy appreciate you calling the taxi fire for pirces, we'll give them a bell on that number to make arrangements just before we head out on the kayaks.

I read your other posts on lots of various info for the area and island more broadly and got lots of top tips so thanks very much for posting

(I've emailed you guys too so just ignore that as all the info is here!)

Many thanks and hope the kayaking just gets better and better in the next few weeks!!

cheers

marianne and emma

Edited: 3:23 am, July 16, 2010
3. Re: No car in Port McNeill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 13, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Port McNeill