We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski holiday 2013/14

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ski holiday 2013/14

Hi all,

I will take 10 days ski holiday in the area of I'sere. My desired resorts are Alpe d'huez, Les 2 Alpes and La Grave, I plan I will rent a car to take two resorts of them for my staying. I have visited these official websites and found that they offer a variety of accommodations, however, I can't find a single chalet around 40 sq metre that can be occupied with 2-4 peoples with well furnished. They are the majority of big chalet with 6 - 12 divided chalets. Please share with me if you know where can take the small chalet or rather quite place for stay.

In addition, I also have interested to stay at Le Freney-d'Oisans, I don't mind driving a car to these ski resorts everyday, for example, 2 days in La Grave, 3-4 days in Les 2 Alpes, and 4 days in Alpe d'Huez, How about the road conditions, car park, etc. How is my idea work?

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,327 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski holiday 2013/14

Most chalets and apartments rent out for a week at a time, Saturday to Saturday. So for your idea to work you need to look at hotels and even they maybe tricky.

Small individual chalets are hard to come by. Our apartment is in a large chalet style building and this is very common.

Oz en Oisans, France
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski holiday 2013/14

I agree with the above. The best solution would be to book 10 days in one place. You are unlikely to find rooms for a couple of days as most places book only for 7 nights. You might find a hotel but this will be difficult.

We are in Oz which is linked to AdH ( 7 mins drive to the lifts). It is also easy to access Les 2 Alps via Venosc ( about 40 mins drive), and you can get to La Grave, Serre Chavalier and Grand Serre.

As long as you have the correct tyres on your car you will be able to drive to all the ski areas you mention.

Outside peak season you can book 10 days at Le Chateau. Our rooms are 35m2 which is huge for 2 persons to share. We offer half board - breakfast, afternoon cakes, 3 course evening meal.

Send us an e mail if you would like a quote.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski holiday 2013/14

Thx, I will contact you after searching your email address.

:)

Oz en Oisans, France
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski holiday 2013/14

info@lechateaudoz.com

Reply to: Ski holiday 2013/14
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted