We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

Hi Holiday Makers

Me and my boyfriend are going to Golden Sands in 3 weeks for 2 weeks. How much spending money would you suggest taking for 2 weeks? We are staying in self catering. We are staying in Bendita mAre Appartments, so if you have stayed there please also comment as i cannot find any reviews except one on this place which is worrying me.

We have about £650 each for 2 weeks. Is that enough? How much is beer? dinner? cigarettes? In lev please.

Also we are only taking Levs but everyone keeps talking about euro. I am so confused. Should we be taking Euros? Are many things priced in Euro's over there? if so how do we work out how much it costs as we use the pound here.

Hope i am making sense, any replies would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Heidi

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

Hi Heidi. You should be ok with £650 each. I would suggest changing your money in Bulgaria (into leva) as the rate will be higher than in the UK. Prices are in Bulgarian Lev and you will only use Bulgarian. The exchange rate for the pound is about 2.20leva at the moment but to make things easier work it on 2leva is just under £1, therefore 10leva is just under £5. Remember that posters living in Ireland will be changing from Euro, which is 1euro = 1.95 leva. Hope this helps.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

Have to agree with WL. Take sterling notes (£20/£10 notes ) in clean unmarked condition then exchange them, commission free ,at any of the banks, STRING EXCHANGE or CROWN EXCHANGE ( Use NO others or you will get a nasty shock )

Best to take about £50 in leva with you to get by on your first day then just exchange some sterling as and when you need. Use the safe boxes at your hotel and only go out at nights with what you need.

Toonman

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

cheers 4 that info i too was a bit confused about that, also do u know about how much things cost its been 5yrs since we were last in golden sands so i imagine things have shot up (hope not too much) ie;beers, ice cream little rides for kids, and is there a supermarket to restock on things 4 kids cant remember if there was one last time.

cheers.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
7,893 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

You will find supermarkets all over the resort so no worries on stocking up.

It's been about 3 years since I was last in GS, Sunny Beach being my own preference, however, ice cream can still be bought for 1lev, a pint of local lager for between 2 and 3 lev,

I personally don't think food/drink prices have altered greatly over the years but whereas you were probably getting 3 lev to the £ then it's about 2.20 now.

Cigarette prices have shot up and are now between 45 - 55 lev per 200 ( I remember when they were about 17 lev.

Toonman

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

cheers for the info can relax a bit now.

6. Re: Confused about the Lev and Euro? Golden sands prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, May 19, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands