We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchidea Spa Hotel

Which Golden Sands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cornwall
Level Contributor
310 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Orchidea Spa Hotel

Has anyone stayed in this Hotel recently? I have read the reviews but nothing about the size of the indoor pool or any photos that I can see. I generally swim 3 miles a week so would need a fairly decent sized pool and prefer to use an indoor pool to keep out of other people's way.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

Fabuloous hotel, fabulous location and a stones throw from the beach.

Its come a long way from the days when its was the old Rodina!

BLACKBURN
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

Hi

Yes the Admiral is central, there is a restaurant called the Gibraltar just across from it which is ok too. If you turn right up the street by the Gibraltar you go up a hill and will find an Indian restaurant which is good (bit more pricey than others) then if you keep walking along that street you will come to what they call party street with restaurants and bars and the famous "Bonkers" nightclub and Muppet bar (karaoke)

Hope you have a great time

Anne

Cornwall
Level Contributor
310 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

The Admiral is lovely and yes, it is in the middle of the resort. The pool area, as I recall is across the promenade from the Hotel. They did have nice sunbeds too. Lots of restaurants nearby, a couple of them selling traditional Bulgarian food. There was one opposite the Golden Dreams (boat) restaurant adjacent to the entrance to the Kempinski Hotel, again name escapes me, but we went in there a couple of times and they sell nice pizza.

Enjoy your trip.

Sharon

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

Thanks for the information, I have read mixed reviews about The Admiral. Looking forward to going, its been around 12 years since we were last there and I think we actually stayed in the Rodina.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

Glad to hear there is an Indian near to hand, means my other half can still get his curry fix. Sounds as thought there have been a great amount of changes since we visited around 12 years ago!

BLACKBURN
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

The Admiral is the Rodina all done up - you will not believe your eyes when you see the resort now if it has been 12 years!! - it really has changed big style.

Never stayed there myself so I couldnt comment on what it is like.

hope you have great time though.

Anne

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

Again thanks for information, looking forward to going. Sounds as though we will not go hungry or dry.

28. Re: Orchidea Spa Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 23, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Golden Sands
Recent Conversations