We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny beach would i go again ???

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
sunny beach would i go again ???

arrived on the 2/8/14 the transfer from the airport was a experience to say the least the coach driver had no consideration for other road users driving on the wrong side of the road and causing other drivers to swerve

the hotel (slavyanski) is just a basic hotel but nice enough but we had to ask for our sheets to be changed

sunny beach its self was nice enough but the people who work on the strip are so pushy and ignorant they just wont take no for a answer

the food in the many restaurants was ok and cheap but again the workers outside were very pushy and rude if you didn't want to eat there

all the shops sold mostly the same things so got boring after a couple of days

on the strip itself you take your life into your own hands with the countless electric scooters that come straight at you without any thought of your safety so you have to jump out of the way

folks with children beware that around 7pm most bars have scantly dressed young girls dancing on tables around there premises

maybe im being a bit unfair to the place after being delayed at the airport for hours on end with no info but would I go again .........NO

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,784 posts
159 reviews
1. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

What a shame dannycarol. Obviously the flight delay and hairy airport transfer won't have helped. We had a transfer driver like that last year and it really wasn't funny!

Everyone experiences Sunny Beach differently, it seems to be a bit of a Marmite type of response. Can't say we see any scantily clad table dancers in the bars we go in and Madgemobiles are a rare sight. They must have increased massively this year.

Yes the props can be pushy but we didn't experience any nasty ones.

Sorry you didn't enjoy so much but everyone is entitled to their honest feedback. Regards.

Jules

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,168 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

Don't think he meant Madgemobiles, its more likely to be the 2 wheel electric scooters that people tear about on without consideration for others.

Scantly dressed girls on bars occurs all over the world and you'll see more on the beach. Can't say their dancing is provocative either. Most of them looked bored silly.

Level Contributor
71 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

Ive only seen a few girls dancing on bars and as toonman says they look bored, its the guys who sit really close to the bar trying to peek up the skirts of these girls thats the worrying bit.....

Those scooters can be annoying, especially when its a 10 year old zooming along a main road at speed, parents dont seem to care much it seems????

When i walk down the strip I just say "no thanks" whenever im approached by a PR person, it seems to work, they will start with the classic question, where you from? To try and start up a friendly pitch..........just say no thanks and walk away, only twice have they had the cheek to say "why not"? and its then that I ignore them.......

Starting off badly can have a negative effect on any holiday so try not to let that effect your feelings towards SB......

Ive been here 10 days, few things that bother me, few people who have pe'eed me off but all in all its a great place....

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,784 posts
159 reviews
4. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

Oh if you mean the Segways, I absolutely agree! Only a matter of time before they seriously injure someone.

I honestly didn't see a single table dancer last year and we were on the prom and Flower Street most night. Maybe they'd bored themselves silly and gone home by September!

Jules

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

you will see the girls all over the world, as for the bar reps they are every where in any holiday resort as many resorts only open for a few months so they try and do as much business as they can in that short period.

pity you didn't enjoy it I myself will be there on 29th august and cant wait havnt been to sunny beach for 20 yrs I love Benidorm and there you can have it all the british square not for me. the old town etc etc .whilst there I will visit the strip but there are a lot more places I intend to frequent as for this forum and others it is a brilliant tool to help people in advance of any destination for info on all sorts once again sorry you didn't enjoy but like someone said most destinations are like marmite hate em or love em but I personally always find something to enjoy on any holiday but good luck on your next holiday

6. Re: sunny beach would i go again ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach