We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excess baggage Bourgas airport

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Excess baggage Bourgas airport

How strict are the check in staff at Bourgas Airport this year regarding charging for excess baggage?

Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

we came back on wednesday with aer lingus and they were strict, i was 18kg and my husband was 22kg for whatever reason we didnt weigh them before we left and we always do! anyway they made us change clothes into my hand luggage (which they also weighed with my case). they asked us a few times was our booking together and then she chatted with another lady, so they arent allowing it to balance out anymore either. the charge was 15 lev per kilo over... could work out expensive if you do a lot of shopping!

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

I doubt any of those charges go to the airport.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

^^ Good, there's no reason any of them should they go to the airport...

The airports make it expensive and complicated enough for airline companies as it is, there are so many charges levied at them it's unreal.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

^^

Not true. Most of the taxes and surcharges come from the government.

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

just home today and was 21. they told me to remove 1 so lucky my niece had only 17 in hers so changed it to hers. were flyling with Balkan. can,t understand if there 4 travelling in a group why they cant except it as long as under 80 for 4. same weight going into plane. Hand luggage NOT weighted either way

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
568 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

We hsve only been charged once for going 3kg over ... We unfortunately regularly tip the scales by one kg which seems acceptable! Predominantly use Balkan and in 16 visits have only had hand luggage weighed the once when carrying a bulky laptop. Hope thst helps.

17. Re: Excess baggage Bourgas airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach