We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny beach programme

midlands
Level Contributor
86 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
sunny beach programme

past few weeks sunny beach has been on televison mostly about sex & wrong doings etc. my friend went to book a holiday at the travel agent & was advised not to go to sunny beach ! am going in august got kids going as well .... any truths in this do i need to cancel ??

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
20 reviews
32 helpful votes
1. Re: sunny beach programme

read the 60+ replies on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g499086-i9527-k7…

See what the regulars to Sunnybeach say !

Look to the Facebook group "BeachBulgaria ( The Original Fan Group)"

Please note when watching this vile programme that

1) Brits are in the minority in Sunnybeach, most tourists are Russian, Ukrainian and other eastern European countries FAMILIES

2) the majority of the Brits who are there are FAMILIES, there are actually very few 18/30s around and the ones shown on TV were encouraged to misbehave for the sake of the cameras.

Holidays in Sunnybeach are NOTHING like what is being shown on TV and any 18/30s who go this year looking for the depravity they have seen are going to be disappointed.

Edited: 12:57 pm, January 23, 2014
Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,176 posts
45 reviews
89 helpful votes
2. Re: sunny beach programme

Have to agree with Avtech. You may also wish to see comments posted on the programme makers site.

https:/…209668208421

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
271 posts
16 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: sunny beach programme

Totally agree. Its a load of rubbish tv

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
68 reviews
95 helpful votes
4. Re: sunny beach programme

Hi would be most interested to know which travel agent gave that advice sunny beach is no where as bad as being portrayed by this programme we have been going since 1989 and have never seen any of the antics shown

Robbie

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
159 reviews
184 helpful votes
5. Re: sunny beach programme

We recommended friends to go to Sunny Beach for the first time taking grandchildren this year. They've booked for the Barcelo on our recommendation and were looking forward to it. They've told us this morning that the sexual antics shown in this appalling programme have caused them to cancel as they don't feel able to expose their grandchildren to men showing their private parts on the prom etc. (as shown last night).

We have tried to reassure them but understandably this programme has really overwhelmed reason and truth and I feel very upset about it. It really is proving to be exceptionally damaging even though regulars know it's totally exaggerated.

Jules

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
762 posts
14 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: sunny beach programme

Do not worry, this is not the real portrayal of Sunny Beach. I certainly wouldnt be going back this year if it were, I am 30 my boyfriend 38 and we never saw any of this carry on.

Yes we saw people drunk etc walking home maybe a little loud but you get that wherever you go.

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,921 posts
159 reviews
184 helpful votes
7. Re: sunny beach programme

We all know the truth but graphic programmes like this are very persuasive and from what I've heard since, it seems like kids out for a drunken, no holds holiday on the cheap, seem to think they've found their nirvana in S/B!

Jules

South Shields
Level Contributor
779 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
8. Re: sunny beach programme

Because of the shows which have been on TV in the last few month about Sunny Beach, I am afraid to say that I think it will be different from my couple of visits because these shows are showing cheap alcohol and a nightlife that the 18-30s go for. Now I am only 26 myself and have been to sunny beach 4 out of the last 5 year and I loved it. I just think regulars will see a difference this year thanks to these terrible TV shows.

Unfortunately, I am going away with children this year and although I seriously thought about returning we have decided against it.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
68 reviews
95 helpful votes
9. Re: sunny beach programme

Hi gazza can see where you are coming from but you should check out the article in novinite'com where they say that the shows were staged to get viewers

Robbie

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,963 posts
18 reviews
29 helpful votes
10. Re: sunny beach programme

I am saddened to read these reports of people decided not to visit Sunny Beach following the Ch4 programme. To be honest, I also feel that it will encourage more youngsters to visit, but it must be pointed out that these bar crawls etc are restricted to a very small area of a big resort. I just wonder how long the Bulgarians will allow any ' going on' to continue. Last night's programme showed afternoon beach parties, which were held at a beach bar opposite a friend's hotel, and she lives in the hotel throughout the Summer season. Her actual main home is in New Nessebur. When we called to see her last Summer she was not aware of any of the behaviour that was shown on the programme.

I have no worries about returning and in fact we are thinking of taking out 3 year old grandson for one week.

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations