We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny beech virgins

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Sunny beech virgins

Just about to go to Sunny Beech for the first time.

Can anyone give me some info on places to eat and drink and whats the local brew like?

Also looking on a couple of day tours, maybe looking at the mud baths, but other than that I don't have a clue so any info would be most welcome.

One last thing, is there any sea fishing trips out in the black sea, and is it worth it, what type of fish can you catch, also the cost of any such trips.

Many thanks

Shaun

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Shaun, There are loads of threads about the same questions you ask and lots of recommendations.

As for local beer Kaminitza or Zagorka are both excellent, although I prefer the bottled stuff rather than draft. Local spirits such as Savoy or Flirt are also very good.

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Thanks for the info on the beers Toonman, will have to try them. ;-)

Due to work, i just don't have time to look through all the forums which is why i asked for the info.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Just remember to take clean notes to exchange at Crown booths,dont get involved with people who come up to you offering a good exchange rate,change over there,just take 20 quids worth of leva with you to get you started.

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Thanks for the info Linda.

We already have a load of levs, but am taking some English money for back up, will look for the crown booths if needed.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Have a look at Inter Exchange as well, they give the same rate as crown. The banks are good as well, you'll find UniCredit, Alpha and OBB all in and around flower street or not far from here.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunny beech virgins

One other thing to remember, when you ask for Spirits out here you will automatically get big measures which are a 100g so be careful or ask for malko (small) measures which is 50g or a UK double.

Penrith, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Thanks for the info Stef

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
13,515 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Stefburgas, that explains a lot! My first time last year I ordered large vodkas and couldn't understand why they kept asking me if I was sure. I thought they already had the mixers in they were so large They almost needed to bring them in a jug! Lol

I love the little bowls of ice they bring in some of the bars too and a separate glass. Very civilised!

Jules

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunny beech virgins

Unfortunately Bulgarian's don't like to mix their drinks hence the ice and separate glass for your juice. Our first year 1989 we had to teach our friend who ran a bar how a Black Russian was made as the first attempt was three separate glasses

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,910 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunny beech virgins

I always find its best to ask for the spirit and mixer separate. You can then mix your own...and can actually see what measure you do get!

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations