We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Level Contributor
24 posts
Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Hi welsh lady you have been recommended to me for information.

Is sunny beach safe for families? Is there plenty to do? What about currency, is it better to exchange at resort or at home & how much spending money for family of 4 for two weeks. This is our first time to Bulgaria & have heard bad stories & good stories.

M

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Im not Welshlady but can answer 3 of your question. YES SB is safe for families, just take the normal precautions you would on holiday and YES exchange in resort (although we change £50 to take over to cover first day.tips etc) YES there is plenty to do, from the beach and beach activities, to the waterparks, to the excursions. My daughter was 8 when we first came and is now 12 and has never been bored one minute of our 4 years there. No doubt the rest of your questions will be answered shortly :)

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Hi Michelle2605, just seen your post. Most of your questions have been answered, and I agree. Take clean unmarked, no rips etc sterling notes with you, and change in CROWN, STRING exchanges or in the bank. Never change money, if approached on the street. You dont say where you are from, but Scottish and N.Ireland notes carry a much lower exchange rate. If you are from Eire, you will of course have no problem changing Euros.

Spending money will depend on where you go and what you do. eg if you decide to go on the beach everyday, its about £10 a day for 2 beds and a parasol. Will you be eating in the apartment, breakfast etc? Where are you staying?

Level Contributor
24 posts
3. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Thank you very much for your reply. I see you are from Darlington, I am originally from Darlington also but moved to Belfast 13 years ago. Tips greatly appreciated. Thanks again . M

Level Contributor
24 posts
4. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Hi welsh lady thank you for your reply. We are from Belfast & are travelling on 8th July for 2 weeks. We are staying at Royal Sun Apartments self catering.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Michelle

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
93 reviews
5. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

No probs, I've actually moved from Darlo too although not as far as Belfast! Can't change my screen name lol. You are staying in a decent location and looks like those apartments are popular with other posters. Check out the Piccadilly bar near to where you are staying for great breakfasts and good entertainment, and the corner pub just across from Piccadilly for entertainment too. Lotus restaurant is another good one in this area.

Edited: 6:10 am, May 30, 2013
Level Contributor
24 posts
6. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Thanks a million. We will check them out.

Have a nice holiday yourself.

Much appreciated

Michelle

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Friends own an apartment in Royal Sun, spent the afternoon there with them (and Mr and Mrs Toonman) last year. Lovely big complex, 24 hour security and nice restaurant on site. We will be arriving in Sunny Beach during your second week, so it would be nice to see you at one of our meets. Details will be posted soon.x

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
93 reviews
8. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Happy Holidays to you Michelle :)

Level Contributor
24 posts
9. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

Thanks welsh lady (do not know your name sorry). That's really nice to know your comments on where we are staying, gives a little peace of mind. One of your meets sounds great. Not sure who Mr & Mrs Toonman are though lol.

Keep me posted.

What is the food like in sunny beach?

Sincere regards

Michelle :-)

Stockton-on-Tees...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
93 reviews
10. Re: Sunny beach self catering 2 adults & 2 children aged 10 & 7

You will find plenty of decent restaurants in SB, but I will say, take heed of those who have had bad experiances, bad food or expensive meals. There are plenty of good places to eat. In the vicinity of where you are staying are what I have mentioned above, plus numerous kebab and pizza stalls. Beware of the lushious ice creams, they are yummy but charge by weight, so ask for small ones. Other places which have decent food are....Forest Hut Pizzaria, Lapa Lapa, Morris, Condor Bistro. McDonalds is exactly the same as back home, including the inflated price!! A couple of places to avoid in the area is "The House" (next to Lotus) have had 2 bad experiances here, the last one included live ants in the salad) and Funny Pub, right in the centre just up from the pier, very very expensive.

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations