We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

Im thinking of going to sunny beach for my 30th in September. I have three concerns;

1. From the pictures and YouTube videos it seems like the place is awash with young men. An unhealthy ratio of male to females for a good party.

2. Its my 30th, so do people over the age of 25 go there?

3. You may have noticed I am black and most of my friends are. Is Sunny Beach happy to receive us?

Though I have been to Croatia and had hardly any issues. So I’m not too worried about the last point, Thanks in advance for your responses.

Zai : D

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,958 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

Colour is no problem in Sunny Beach, and Im sure you will meet and see other black persons there. I am sure you'll have a great time and find its not male dominated.

Perthshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

Isaiah, Sunny Beach has something for everyone from kids to wrinklies like myself and you'll find it much cheaper than Croatia. Go and enjoy but don't go later than the middle of September as the resort starts to close down in the second half as the season is quite short compared other holiday destinations.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
283 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

Party resorts are generally male dominated, but i've never noticed an unhealthy ratio in SB, if I had I wouldn't be going back for my 4th visit this year. As places get more popular it's inevitable you'll get more guys, but if you have game you shouldn't have problems in that department.

Our group are late 20's so similar age bracket. There are vibes for everyone, from relaxed bars to clubs.

I'm white so can't really comment on the colour issue from a personal viewpoint but can't imagine it to be a problem. An Indian mate came with us on one visit and was fine. The bar and club owners wanna get you through the doors, they couldn't care less what colour you are and some have black guys working for them.

I'm sure if you go you'll enjoy it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

Many thanks for the replies.

Ive done Ibiza twice already. SB looks like a cheap and cheerful alternative.

South Shields
Level Contributor
779 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

I didn't notice an unhealthy ratio last year, was great and cant wait to go back

Stara Zagora...
Level Contributor
37 posts
6. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

dear isaish

all depends on you. we like all kinds of people. if you are nice people- others will be nice to you. and about girls- you only have to look around and enjoy

7. Re: Sunny Beach.... Sausage Fest? ie. Male Dominated. Age range?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach