We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

Me and my boyfriend have booked a weeks holiday to sunny beach - bulgaria in June. We are keen drinkers so any recommended Bars and restaurants. Also how much are beers, cocktails etc? Any good booze cruises?

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

You've loads of great bars to choose from, the one thing to remembers is the further back from the beach you go the cheaper the beer and drinks will get. One of our favorites is Condor a pint is usually only about 70p, they also do cocktails and do a happy hour deal (2 for 1) between 5 and 6 but the times can change.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

Oh yes Steph, we've all spent time in the Condor! Most local bars that are 1 or 2 streets back from the main stip are always cheaper, look out for bogof offers, avoid the main Sq where the promoters congregate as the spirits in the bars there can sometimes be watered down.

North East England...
Level Contributor
64 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

I went with my boyfriend last June and going again this June. We are both in early 20s and were keen to try the nightlife. We went on a bar crawl and would recommend doing these kind of things, you'll meet people straightaway and it is a much better atmosphere going on these trips/planned nights than trying the nightclubs on your own as a couple.

Last year we stuck to beach bars and although there is much cheaper further inland, we loved the atmosphere, view and prices were still cheaper than UK. Cocktails buy one get one free at 8 lev - and that's expensive compared to other bars in Bulgaria.

We met a group who loved the party boat night, but we never tried it ourselves. Depends just how drunk you are wanting to get, but there are definitely places for that. If you have booked with Thomsons, our rep last year was very helpful pointing out the bars and clubs most frequented by Brits. Must recommend Hawaii Restaurant (look at reviews on tripadvisor) on the beach front near Fat Cat. They did the BEST hangover breakfast, sky sports news on a morning for your boyfriend if he likes sport (was on every morning last year anyway), and service was wonderful!

Spending money - We took £700 for the two of us for 10 days, went to khans tent, aquapark, bar crawl and ate out for breakfast and tea every night, drank considerably every night and had mcdonalds as a 'snack' a few days (very expensive, wont be doing that again). Took a further 200£ out for gifts and to have a 'lavish' last few days but struggled to spend it all and wasted most of it in Bourgas airport before we left. Hope this helps!

Edited: 4:52 am, March 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
The Fat Cat
The Fat Cat
984 Reviews
Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

I think BG is Europes cheapest holiday destination. Eating out is very cheap and so is booze. Last year many places sold a large beer for 1-50 lev...around 70p. Some were cheaper, selling for a lev, although I suspect the beer was watered down. Right in the centre the price is about 3 lev for a beer - still much cheaper than the UK.

Imported sprits are expensive compared to Bulgarian sprits. The Bulgarians drink Rakia which is a strong sprit and will be cheap. You say you are keen drinkers but take it steady if you sample it..be warned !

The Condor Bar is very popular with Brits and the prices are very reasonable. Hook with the party crew if you want a bar crawl and the company of others. You will find them on the main SQ - if you are under 30 they will find you !

I am not sure of the name, but just before you walk on the beach from Flower Street, take the path (to the left) right next to the bunge jump. There is a beach bar there that is really good at night.

Have a good one.

Best,

Paul

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

I never really did the pub crawls but there are plenty about... They usually go from bar to bar and end up in a club.

There are tons of bars to choose from and it really depends on your personal taste and locality in resort. Here are a few we frequented a lot.

Ole Ole - good place to start if you wanna get drunk. Cocktails are buy 1 get 3. Around 7-9 lev if I recall. 10 shots for 15 lev.

Viking beach bar - mentioned above by Paul, nice vibe. Cocktails around 8-9 lev, but buy one get one free until around midnight if I recall.

Mexo beach - Not far from Viking, one of the spots buzzing the latest, again nice vibe.

Central - If you wanna be surrounded by young brits (not really my bag) this is the place to go.

I'd suggest Amorato if you want a good meal in SB. Alternatively there are lots of good restaurants in Nessebar. In my honest opinion, food around the resort isn't it's strong point.

Mentioned in this post
Nessebar
Nessebar
Burgas Province, Bulgaria
6. Re: Spending money in sunny beach bulgaria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 06, 2014