We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats happened to holiday prices for sb

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
whats happened to holiday prices for sb

ok last year me partner and 2 kids went to sb for a fortnight . got it for about £1700 from belfast in summer dreams apartments all in this was end of august.

year before just me and partner went for a week in palace hotel h/b was about £800 all in from belfast again end of august.

this year checking just a week for the 4 of us and its around 3k in july for a week or over 2k if i leave it to september. paid less than that last year for 2 weeks

anyone else found this as dont look like sb for a third year running unfortunately

Newtownards
Level Contributor
106 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

Hey Bangor I booked Aer Lingus from Dublin, they fly 3 times a week in summer months to Borgas and booked apartment through holiday lettings.

I live in Ards and as you know the drive to Dublin is nothing now as the road is brilliant , total cost for 4= £1238 for flights and £629 for 2 bed apartment .

Worth looking into and flight times from Dublin are much better Wed,Sat and Sunday at 15:00 where as most charters from Belfast are late in the evenings on a Monday,so not as good if you have children. Also car parking charges at Dublin are so reasonable in relation to Aldergrove , it cost me € 49.95 for 2 weeks car parking booked now as they have an offer on through Dublin airport website that's about £42.Hope this is of help to you Ards.

PS:These prices are for start of July booked independently.

Edited: 4:37 pm, January 13, 2013
12. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, January 24, 2013
Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

thanks guys for all the help.

maybe a 3rd year running then to sb could be on the cards.

cheers

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
219 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

I booked for my family again this year, 2 weeks in August Kuban Hotel B&B and it was cheaper than last year when we went in July.

We booked through Balkan Holidays, saved over £750 from the brochure price thanks to early booking and 5% loyalty bonus. Last year we booked a week before going and paid a lot more. So for us it is cheaper this year.

Roll on August 5th...............

Letterkenny
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

I've booked a fortnight for 2 starting 12 august in selfcatering one bedroom apt with www.aerlinguspackages.com/, costing 1350 euro + 100 euro for baggage.

Edited: 4:50 am, January 27, 2013
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

we have booked for 22 july, 2 adults and a 13 & 8 year old costing £3200, £1000 more than last year.

Newtownards
Level Contributor
106 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

Pauline 102 that seems steep are you travelling same dates and package or are you staying i.e. hotel HB this time ?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

stayed at grand hotel last year all inclusive, staying at laguna park this year all inclusive, its just the hotel thats different,went to bulgaria twice last year july with grandchildren, then aug with better half for 2week bb that holiday only cost £880 stayed at the yuona the hotel wasnt up to much but it was clean and thats all we needed.i always go to same travel agent and its booked with balkan,been to bulgaria about 10 times in 8 year ,dont know if we will get there next year if the prices go up much more.

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

going back to laguna park in july again for two weeks,great hotel and paid £150 more this year than last.booked with ramsay travel who price matched the best offer we got plus took an extra £20 off

Edited: 4:27 am, February 04, 2013
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: whats happened to holiday prices for sb

hi what,s the food like in laguna park ?,