We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny beach or algarve dilemma

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
sunny beach or algarve dilemma

right i am going on holiday this summer to either ablerfeira which we went to last time and we loved apart from the euro rate which is terrible,my dilemma is villa and cost of living much better in sunny beach but on the turn side flights cost about 300 pound per person to bulgaria were last year we touched lucky and got flight price of 380 for 4 adults and 1 child, this year it will be just me the wife and youngest child who will be 9,so i want whats best financily for us, we spent in portugal about 1300 pound but we mostly bought our food from supermarket and done bbq stuff, we have never been to bulgaria so any tips on flights(am from liverpool) or anything will be really helpfull.

cheers franky

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

We've been renting a Villa just outside Sunny Beach in a village called Aheloy for the last 3 years, the villa's come with private pools and either 2 or 3 bedrooms. This year for 2 weeks in June/July our Villa is costing us £900, which is a bit less compared with last year.

You have your choice of flights, Balkan Holidays fly from most airports and you can do flight only with them. If you're adventurous you can book your flights through Wizz Air to Burgas and if you book early enough you'll get them at a really good price.

I'm slightly biased so I'm going to Sunny Beach all the way, you're always guaranteed value for money as it's so cheap to eat and drink out. Last year we managed to come back with money and that's always a bonus.

If your looking to go Self Catering, have a look at holidaylettings.co.uk, ownersdirect.co.uk as you'll find loads of good places.

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

cheers for the reply , will have a look .

franky

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

we booked our villa thre owners direct to portugal,ifi could get a decent price fo flights i would deffo go for it,will check out more airlines.

franky

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

try balkan, Thomson's, Thomas cook, first choice, wizz air, easyjet, aer lingus all fly to Bulgaria

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

As a regular to both Albufeira and Bulgaria (love both places) I would say that your spending money in Bulgaria will go a lot further as prices are still much cheaper that most other popular European holiday destinations. Just bear this in mind when "weighing things up".

We have always booked with Balkan Holidays and have been lucky every time to get a free child place for our granddaughter.

www.balkanholidays.co.uk

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

cheers for tips , think manchester is the nearest airline, trying to look for a cheap price.

franky

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

cheers Edinburgh have to work out is it better paying a extra 600pound more on flights to sunny beach but can get a villa/apartment a bit cheaper in bulgaria and obviously the food and booze sounds a lot cheaper,plus we have never been, we done a villa in alberifeira last year and loved it paid 1200 pound for 12 people including kids and got a good deal but no t ruling out apartments.i think we spent around 1110 pound for booze and food in portugal for 10 nights but only had a few nights out as it was expensive and we had the pool and the villa so we saved money buying from supermarkets food/alcohol , decisions decisions lol.

franky

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

Manchester is usually one of the airports where you'll find Balkan selling seats on planes nearer the time - they usually have a sale on flights from April once the season's up and running and sometimes you can get a return flight for about 249 or less.

liverpool
Level Contributor
362 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

cheers for the tipp steff

franky

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sunny beach or algarve dilemma

Hi Franky.

just had a look at Balkan from Manchester 18th june for 14 night flight only price showing just now for 2adults + 1 child age 9 £851 same dates from luton with wizz £881 Thomson fly from Man 22nd june back 7th july £806

hope this gives you an idea of prices

Robbie

Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach