We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny beach to golden sands

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
sunny beach to golden sands

hi

is it possible to do a day trip to golden sands if you are staying in sunny beach

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

Yes it is possible. It will take well over 2 hours from Sunny Beach to Golden Sands. When you are in Sunny Beach there will be lots of stalls and flyers being handed out with details of different trips.

It depends what you want to do whilst in Golden sands. Most of the organised day trips to GS include for instance a trip to the dolphinarium (wouldnt recommend it!!)or a visit to Aladja monastery. You might just want to go in the resort and have a wander around for a few hours. Really depends on how you want to spend your time there.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

thanks for that good to travel, one last stupid question - is GS situated in Varna?? i have seen trips advertised to that so now that i know that the dolphin show is poor i can avoid it.

also what is ther to do in golden sands?

thanks

irish lad

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

hi again irish lad

We used to travel into Varna from Golden Sands and if I remember rightly it only took about 30 mins max for the bus journey. Its difficult to answer your question as I dont know if you plan on doing an organised trip into Varna/Golden Sands or whether you intend to just go it alone. Will you just be there during the day or in the evening too?

During the day you could visit the Aquapolis waterpark which is situated right at the back of the resort. Click on this link:http://www.aquapolis.net/index.php?language=en

Theres also the usual water sports - paragliding, waterskiiing etc. You can take a 2 hr cruise (with lunch) from the marina at the very far end of the resort.

If you are there on an evening the resort becomes very lively especially the area that is called Party Street where Bonkers / Muppet karaoke bar is located.

I will post you a resort map for Golden Sands when I find it.

Cheers!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

Click on the link for map of Golden Sands resort - (hope it works!!)

bulgarianproperties.com/downloadinfo/off_pla…

Look at 24 Sofia Hotel and 30 Tintyava. The stretch between these 2 hotels is known as Party Street. Hope this helps a little.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

thanks v much

it is my and my g/f going and giving that we are staying in sunny beach, it will prob just be a day trip that we will do, possibly go to water park or just walk around the resort.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

It is possible to get a bus from Sunny Beach to Varna. You could then get another bus or maybe taxi from there to Golden Sands. Only time Ive actually done the trip is when Ive hired a car.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
261 posts
28 reviews
7. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

is it far from varna to golden sands? i sorta assumed they were the same place

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
8. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

I think Varna is approx 17 kilometers away from Golden Sands (approx 10 miles). Maybe someone else on the forum can confirm this.

North Wales
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach
Level Contributor
7,961 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

Yes goodto travel, its approx 17kms.

10. Re: sunny beach to golden sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, October 17, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations