We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machines

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Cash machines

Hi, anyone who has been there very recently have any problems getting money out of cash machines? A few friends have had probs in other countries just wondering if there's been anything in SB recently? I know you have to let your bank know sometimers you will be taking money out abroad, my friends did this and still had problems. Probably be fine..just a thought...

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
650 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Cash machines

we just brought stirling cash with us this year as the rate was so good in july -2.31 lev to the pound, and, was even better when we came home. Changed at Crown exchange booths or the big Investment bank on corner on Flower Street.

We used our bank card the previous holiday with no problems - we only used the machine at the investment bank during opening hours , so that if it got "Eaten" we could go in and sort it out, but, thankfully this didnt happen. It happened to my friend when we were in Rome last year on a Friday night and she didnt get it back - was a nightmare.

Nuneaton, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
8,175 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Cash machines

I always use my bank card for withdrawls in SB. Use the ATM's opposite the Hotel Kuban on Flower St. This has an armed guard on the door so always felt safe. Have never had an issue ( touch wood )

You can only draw out 400 lev at a time which is usually plentiful.

Toonman

Liverpool
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Cash machines

Thanks guys.

So excited now! xx

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Cash machines

We called the Halifax up before we went and told them we were going to Bulgaria, as we had heard thats its best to contact your banks.

They said its always better you do contact them and give them the dates because they do sometimes stop cards if they are used abroad due to suspected fraud

Rogiet, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Cash machines

We are staying at the Aurelia Hotel in the Southern end of SB opp Cacao Beach. Does anyone know if there are any cash machines out that way? Cheers

meath
Level Contributor
20 posts
6. Re: Cash machines

yea i used mine when away in august this year in sb and it was totally fine do let your bank know and ensure you have the cirus on your card otherwise it wont work we only used machines that linked off a beauru d change just in case there was any problems but it was fine you do get charged for using your card so its best to take out the 400 leva so you will have less charges the most we were charged was €4.50 at a time but it could add up if your taking small amounts at a time

Strabane, CO.Tyrone
Level Contributor
109 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Cash machines

Just back from Sunny Beach we used the cash machines opposite the Kuban hotel as advised by Toonman no problems whatsoever 400 lev maximun you can take out, we were staying in Royal Beach Barcelo and also used the cash machine which they had in the Lobby. Report on our holiday will be posted soon, but just to say we had a fantastic time and the weather was unbelievable for our entire 18 night stay. Cheers.

Lanarkshire,Scotland
Level Contributor
151 posts
48 reviews
8. Re: Cash machines

In the southern end of the resort there is a cash machine at the Pomorie

Forfar, United...
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Cash machines

Just got back yesterday and used an ATM to get cash out once with no problems at all.

10. Re: Cash machines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Beach
Recent Conversations